Recent content by gr8smile66

1. G

Can heater/a/c controls be exchanged?

Thank you all for the input. I really didn't understand your replies, but I believe the short answer is NO, it can't be done easily, or by my husband (who is highly capable, but this isn't worth it) Bummer, because I really liked the a/c in the '12 versus the '15.... On a positive note...
  2. G

Can heater/a/c controls be exchanged?

Hello- I am getting ready to turn in my 2012 Passat TDI SE 6MT, and have already purchased a 2015 Passat TDI SE DSG. I really like the climate control in the 2012 compared to the 2015. The 2012 came standard with dual climatronic which my 2015 doesn't have. Does anyone know if I can swap...
  3. G

Letter from VW re no fix for manual transmission/to be dropped from ClassAction

Hello- I have been holding onto my 12 Passat TDI 6M because 1. I LOVE IT 2. It's paid for. 3. I was waiting to see what the "fix" would do to performance, because I really love the miles per gallon, especially when I fly by a Prius.:cool: Well, today I got news that my wait is over, that...
  4. G

What are your favorite colors?

I'm with APT, I like/specifically ordered the Night Blue/Cornsilk combo. I just wish I could have the faux wood trim on the interior, it would look much more classy with the cornsilk over the brushed aluminum look. I also appreciate the Platinum Gray exterior, but didn't want the black or...
  5. G

If they made an SEL Premium with a 6-spd manual, would you have opted for it instead?

My Wish List I would have preferred to have the sunroof option, as well as the Fender audio upgrade and the faux wood trim. The fog lights would have been nice to have, too. I don't really care much about the navigation system or the faux suede seat inserts. I specifically sought out a car...
  6. G

Best Rubber Floor Mats?

I bought Husky floorliners and cargo mat before I got my Passat because I didn't order the Monster mats with the car, but they included them anyway. The Husky liners are similar to the WeatherTech digital fit. I have the Weathertech in my 11 Subaru Forester, and they have a "bubble" on the...
  7. G

What are you guys paying for your 2012 Passat

Hello- I ordered my 2012 Passsat TDI SE 6MT Night blue/cornsilk on April 14 as no dealerships in the great northeast (or mostly the eastern seaboard) had any manual transmissions on the lot, or I didn't want the color available (usually that tungsten silver color). The car was assembled on...