Recent content by Dhawk12

1. D

ALH Clutch Suggestions Needed

Yeah now that I think about it more I did change the dog bone mount back then and I think that is when it went away. Strange that the dogbone could be gone again.
  2. D

You got me thinking, is my clutch really going? It doesn't seem to be slipping under high load pulls, just starting off in 1st or reverse has what I can only describe as the engine shaking until the clutch is fully engaged. It happened about a year ago but then went away for awhile. I was...
  3. D

Normally I buy from Idparts or Roseland, but shipping to the border and the Canadian dollar make that a bit hard, and Roseland doesn't seem to stock the LUk kit.
  4. D

Yeah I am torn between finding another SBC clutch in Canada (pricey it seems) vs the LUK DMF kit which is like $400 on Amazon lol.
  5. D

I have an 02 ALH that is an auto to manual conversion (so 11mm pump) and it has injectors that I got from another manual engine without a tune that the owner said "were the biggest he could go without a tune". I did have to hammer mod to minimize smoke, there is almost none except for WOT runs...
  6. Clutch

Clutch

7. IMG_20180822_112640.jpg

IMG_20180822_112640.jpg

8. IMG_20180822_112633.jpg

IMG_20180822_112633.jpg

9. D

2006 Jetta BRM Weird Electrical Issue (common I know)

Update: buddy went to the shop to pick up the car and they had it back on the hoist and had already put in, you guessed it, a new alternator. An extra $600 (Canadian kopecs) for a non-oem unit. This is after this shop replaced the alternator a year ago. When he asked them about warranty, they...
  10. D

2006 Jetta BRM Weird Electrical Issue (common I know)

I have a buddy with a 2006 Jetta, BRM and he is having electrical issues with his car. He is not very mechanical and I am trying to help diagnose the car from a distance, so I don't have direct hands on and I am relying on his descriptions of the problem. Bit of background: he has had a...
  11. D

Timing belt large idler bearing radial thrust load?

Bit of an oddball question, trying to see if there is anything useful I can make out of used timing belt components, such as the large and small idler pulleys. Does anyone know what the rated loads are for these bearings? I looked on INA/Schaeffler site and couldn't find any load ratings...
  12. D

I did everything to get my boost back but nothing works

I didn't see any mention of your vacuum system at all. I would be checking/replacing hoses if they are old, making sure the actuator holds vacuum, and that you don't have any major leaks from the pump, booster hose, or brake booster itself. Vacuum leaks on these cars can play havoc with the...
  13. D

Cold Starts!! ALH in an '03. Slow and hard to start at 0F. Normal?

As oilhammer suggested, make sure your battery is the right size/capacity. Recently put a new battery in my 02 and everywhere I checked kept trying to tell me a group 47n was the "right" size for my car with a diesel. Last time I replaced the battery 5 years ago I didn't know any better and have...
  14. D

Having a hard time finding seats

I'm assuming you have checked local scrap yards? True enough that the tan might be hard to find, but there are enough of these cars out there that all use the same (ish) seats that there has to be some. Or maybe I just got lucky. I found a full set of leather (black) in excellent shape in a...
  15. D

What did you do to your MKIV today?

I'm dreading trying to find a Canadian vendor to replace my southbend when it wears out. I got it at a scrap yard from the car I pulled the transmission from to do a manual conversion. (I know, I know, used clutch, do the job twice, blah blah lol. In its defense it has since done 60,000 km in my...