Recent content by Derrik

1. D

Replacing rear calliper carrier

Thank you! That is a huge relief. This means that worst case I could even cut the bolt heads off. Thank you for that. I will make sure to source replacement bolts too. Thank you.
  2. D

Replacing rear calliper carrier

Hello, my rear brakes started to squeak so I started to look into the issue. I discovered that my lower calliper pin is seized on my left rear calliper. I cannot rotate or move it to replace or lube. This leads me to believe I need to replace the calliper guide and pins. To do this I am...
  3. D

500,000km Service

Awesome! Thank you guys. I will keep on doing my best. I appreciate it. If only I could stop the rusting.
  4. D

500,000km Service

Hello, I have a 2004 Jetta wagon with a BEW. I am making my way through 500,000km and I am considering what I should take care of on my car to keep it running well. The car runs very well with no issues. I have performed regular maintenance and repairs of everything that needs it but I have not...
  5. D

Low Power after running out of Fuel

It worked! Kinked fuel lines was the final issue. Thank you for the help everyone. Thank you for the warning about the brittle fittings too. This is good to know. I will keep a watchful eye and a good nose to see if this happens. I imagine you found it by smell, haha. I always find diesel leaks...
  6. D

Thank you for all of the help guys. I measured fuel delivery on the output side of the fuel filter to be 35ml per key cycle. This is measured and precise. I took out the lift pump to look for damage or a clogged intake screen. Lift pump looks to be perfect and is pumping strongly. Reassembling...
  7. D

I have verified that my lift pump is functioning. At the fuel filter I get a strong spurt of fuel for 2 seconds while I can hear the lift pump running. I used Dans PD fuel delivery check checklist to also verify not much fuel is getting past the hpfp. When the return line is removed at the fuel...
  8. D

Sorry. Some confusion there. I meant the injection pump on the ALH is more susceptible to wearing out when run without fuel. I have read that the hpfp on the BEW is more resilient to running out of fuel and self priming because of the lift pump in the tank and the hpfp. I am worried about my...
  9. D

Thank you for the input. I really appreciate it. I will look into kinked fuel lines. I didn’t suspect that to be the cause because of where I saw them going around the tank but this could be an issue. The tank dropped about 6 inches. It did come down pretty far and it was sitting in the axle...
  10. D

Yesterday I replaced the fuel tank straps on my Jetta. Just a after leaving the shop the car died climbing a hill. I suspected the lift pump four pin connector came apart when the tank dropped and the lift pump wasn’t pumping. I reattached the lift pump connection and primed the fuel system by...
  11. D

O9A Solenoid Replacement

I want to document the sources I used to help me swap all 9 solenoids in my O9A transmission. My trans has 502,000km on it. I want to see how far I can make this car go so I needed to do this job. I am glad that I did and I found it to be a lot easier than expected. I was nervous about this job...
  12. D

00652 transmission code

Thank you everyone for the help. I really appreciate it. I would not have the confidence to try the things that I do on this car without this community. And if I couldn’t do all this work myself I would not be able to afford to keep this car on the road. Thank you. @CoolAirVw Thank you for...
  13. D

00652 transmission code

I know what you mean about being stressed out. I have had more than one experience where it is proven useful me to just put the time in, make enough space and do it properly. But each project I do I am slow because I learn as I go. I don’t have any experience to fall back on. I am finding a...
  14. D

00652 transmission code

Oilhammer, thank you for your continued help. I really appreciate it. I went for a test drive today. Air temperature is 2° Celsius today. So this was a cold start of trans and engine. I reset the trans by holding gas pedal down for 20 seconds then started the car. Drove 300 meters would not...
  15. D

00652 transmission code

Is there a way that I can determine weather it is a valve body failure or clutch failure? You mentioned that a clutch failure would be obvious and more catastrophic. It is getting harder to reset the code. I am not sure if this is temperature dependant or not. I am trying to figure that out. I...