500,000km Service

Derrik

TDI
2004 Jetta GLS
Hello,

I have a 2004 Jetta wagon with a BEW. I am making my way through 500,000km and I am considering what I should take care of on my car to keep it running well. The car runs very well with no issues. I have performed regular maintenance and repairs of everything that needs it but I have not done any major jobs to the engine itself. I have replaced all solenoids in my trans, replaced the turbo, a full suspension overhaul as well as many other smaller jobs like power steering, AC, system brake lines, cv boots ext. The car runs perfectly and oil consumption is minimal, about 1L per oil change(15,000) Km. Fuel consumption is between 900-1200 Km per tank. With no reason for concern is there anything that I should look into or repair and replace. I really appreciate the input. Thank you for the help.

Derek.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
This would sound strange to a lot of people outside this community, but 500,000km isn't a huge amount of clicks on these cars. I'd just follow the maintenance schedule and keep you eyes and ears open for any wear items that may pop up.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Yep - as IBW suggests, follow the maintenance schedule as prescribed, address things as they crop up, and other than that, if it ain't broke, don't fix.

Derrik

TDI
2004 Jetta GLS
Awesome! Thank you guys. I will keep on doing my best. I appreciate it. If only I could stop the rusting.

bob33

TDI
2004 jetta bew
I have 2004 jetta bew... I get 750km to the low fuel light. 400,000kms. Sounds like you are doing well. I was starting to think the same. Have original turbo still.