Recent content by delta18

1. D

If you are considering buyback which cars are you looking at as replacements?

Now why can't Honda make an Accord Hybrid wagon :)
  2. D

Dieselgate, The Canadian Edition

Great information. Better than what they are doing for those with a vehicle imported to the US from Canada. Glad that the lawyers up there are doing something.
  3. D

Imported TDI's and 'dieselgate'

You're at least lucky you didn't import yours until after the scandal broke. I imported my golf in March 2015 and it has been registered in the US ever since.
  4. D

I'm thinking we are about to be screwed over again. I did speak to the US plaintiffs attorney about this a couple months ago and her only suggestion was to contact a law firm and sue VW as an individual. I have no idea how many of us it would take to constitute a class action but if I go this...
  5. D

Canadians that imported US TDI's??

This is not the case as far as VW is looking at it though, otherwise they would consider my car (Canadian purchased TDI, registered in the US) eligible for the settlement but they do not. slowboy - you may wish to check out my posts both in a thread I started on the issues that those of us...
  6. D

Possibly some good news for you. I finally got a response from the law firm running the class action suit in Canada who told me that owners of US market cars imported to Canada are considered part of their class. Sucks for those of us down here with Canadian cars but possible hope for those of...
  7. D

This makes very little sense to me as well but is about all I could get out of them. What bothers me is that I was told that it would have had to be registered in the US prior to June 28th 2016 (the date they announced the settlement). How were owners supposed to know they had to make sure their...
  8. D

For those that care according to the VW lawyers in order for a VW TDI originally purchased in the US to be eligible it would have had to be registered in the US between Sept 18 and June 28th
  9. D

I hope you got that in writing. If you pop over to my other thread you will see that I was originally told (in August) by VWoA that my vehicle would be eligible because it was registered in the US. 2 days ago I was told that no in fact my car was not eligible according to this section in the...
  10. D

I look forward to hearing what happens! I hope it all works out.
  11. D

That is fine if true. As long as someone takes responsibility. I was asking here because I know there are VW owners with cars registered in Canada who originally purchased theirs in the US. I am trying to find out if they are eligible for the settlement or not and I was just told that they are...
  12. D

Hi all, Just curious to find out if anyone in here has a TDI they originally purchased in the US but later imported to Canada and whether you have contacted VW about the settlement/buyback? I am in the reverse situation (Canadian VW now in the US) and if you want more info you can read it in...
  13. D

Possibly. I would be curious to hear from someone with US VW that was imported to Canada and what answer they have gotten from VW. I might post this very question over in the Canadian forum to see if anyone there is in this situation and can provide any insight.
  14. D

In theory yes except that if they are being sticklers for the same passage they quoted me saying my car is not eligible this line might not make that possible. [/B]This is why I worry that even though they are telling me to wait for the Canadian settlement that just like with the Goodwill...
  15. D

Another update. Doesn't look good. So Despite being told on two different occasions by people working at the VW customer care TDI line that my car would be eligible because it was registered in the US. Today when I spoke to them they had changed their tune. Now I have been told that no in...