Recent content by Deacon Brent

1. D

Glow Plug Light and engine start

After some long thought and prayer I was able to trade my 99 Beetle for a 2015. The only drawback with this one is it is not a TDI but I need something I could depend on. I thank everyone for their help with my 99 TDI Beetle. The salesman said that he had never seen a car with 352500 miles "He...
  2. D

It did not fix the problem, I had the auto parts guy check and his meter siad the alternator was good (changed it about two years ago). The funny thing is after jumping twice it won't do it for a week (roughly). Will check again never know
  3. D

Jumping off once a week Ok need help! My 99 Beetle TDI 352000 miles has been giving me a new issue. Once a week I have to jump it off with ether my battery charger or another car. My jump starter won't work to start car. This happens once a week, after jumping it off twice it is good for...
  4. D

New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

Changed Battery hope that ends problem
  5. D

Starter? Need Help with my Beetle about once a week I have to jump it off. This started about three weeks ago. The battery is just two weak to turn over the starter. Put on a new starter and still having problem. Today I jumped it off in the morning and it started good all day until tonight...
  6. D

Grounding Issues ?

Still have electric issue Driving lights not working, left brake light also. Yesterday I changed my starter and now my dome (interior lights work) any suggestions will be deeply appropriated. Changed the relay for driving/head lights no improvement
  7. D

Grounding Issues ?

Changed relay for driving lights on my 99 Beetle, driving lights still not working. Been using brights at night. Checked fuses all seem good, also have one brake light not working. Feeling like it could be a ground issue. Brake light fixture seems to have heated up also wire for headlight seems...
  8. D

Looks like Relay 109 was the problem, has started every time since replacing it. Thanks for the advice. Cleared out the codes, there were two 0380 which deals with glow plug fault and 1550 (this has been there for a while) Charge pressure deviation. Today will be the first day in over a week my...
  9. D

I don't remember the code it's been a while
  10. D

The engine light has been on for a while (also airbag light). The code was something for the EGR system. The car ran good and is still getting 40+ mpg. Changed a few things and most of the vacuum lines but still the same code.
  11. D

Two Thursdays ago my Beetle gave trouble starting once the Glow Plug light came on it started. It did good all day stopped and started five or six times, then nothing. Again the glow plug light did not come on. I changed glow plugs today turned the key light came on but plugs were not connected...
  12. D

EGR question Been having the service engine light on but still runs good, check codes said it was EGR system. Yesterday I checked voltage and found that I am getting low voltage to all parts of the system. Looking for advice as to what would cause low voltage to EGR system?