Recent content by Dday106

1. D

Oil leak...

I for sure know a rubber coupling connected to the EGR cooler is leaking. I know the EGR is covered under the warranty so maybe they will repair that part at least
  2. D

Oil leak...

My car does have diesel gate warranty. Wondering if this could be covered by the warranty? Probably not?
  3. D

Oil leak...

Great image thanks. Yeah the rubber coupling on near the bottom right of the image. What is the metal rectangle it goes into? Think I can also see oil on what looks like maybe the exhaust manifold right above that metal rectangle right where it meets the block.
  4. D

Oil leak...

Hi guys, 2012 passat has had an oil leak for quite some time now. I've just been topping it off but want to try and find the source as the dripping has become greater recently. Last oil change at 10k miles showed 1.5 quarts low. Looks like above the oil pan maybe 1 foot there is a rubber...
  5. D

St. Louis TDI mechanic

Anybody in the forum a STL native? Curious who you use for TDI maintenance. Looking for somewhere that's not a dealer to save money if possible. Approaching 120k in my 2012 passat. Planning on doing the DSG maintenance myself but was told I need timing belt and a few other things around 120k...
  6. D

DEF fluid types

Hey all, Does it matter if you use Adblue or blue Def? Need to add some and seems like blue Def is way cheaper. Never done this before, figured I'd as the pro's! Thoughts?
  7. D

Burning smell coming from engine compartment

All good to know. I put 35k a year in my cars driving. Took kind of a risk on this guy getting it with 90k miles and it sitting for years. They told me 70% of them come back with heater core issues. Drove it off the lot and 60 miles later a gasket or housing of some sort failed and it was...
  8. D

No clue. Very new to diesel engines. Just looked into it. Thanks for the help. I'm going to read more into it
  9. D

Recently noticed my 2012 tdi having a burning smell when I exit the vehicle. Smell seems to be located around the front of the car. Also notice my engine fan runs even when i turn the car off sometimes. Temp Guage shows normal temperatures. Engine coolant is full. Any ideas?
  10. D

2013 Passat TDI Purchase discussion

I think I'm too late in the game to find something like you had with low miles. I've seen a few 2014s with 29k miles with CPO but they are like 5.5 to 6k more. Not really sure if its worth that much considering those cars sat just as long as the higher mile ones.
  11. D

Thats cool to hear. I've been very fortunate in my life with cars just running. Took a 08 tiburon to 180k miles with just minimal maintenance. 2015 fusion to 150k minimal maintenance and a 2015 jeep to 130k with minimal maintenance. Wondering if I could get 55k miles or 2 years in my driving...
  12. D

Hello All, I am looking into purchasing a 2013 Passat TDI SE. I drive 30-36k miles a year and just absolutely destroy the value of cars due to mileage. I was draw to the TDI cause of the length of life in the diesel engine, great mileage, and also I enjoy the look of the car. I am familiar...