Recent content by Costello

1. Costello

Who got the payment from BOSCH?

Buyback was 3/17. Bosch check arrived yesterday, 6/17.
  2. Costello

Farewell TDI Forum

Thanks for that - but it's kinda amusing. :rolleyes: I bought a 2016 Avalon V6. Motor reminds me a bit of the Yamaha motor in the '89 Taurus SHO I used to have. Plenty of power, too heavy, corners like a pig, but cruises nice. Needed the room, as my parents are aging. Wanted a car that's...
  3. Costello

NMS Maintenance Sale NMS Engine Oil, DSG Fluid & Filters

Bump. Anybody in GA? It'd be great to have a TDI devotee get a deal on this stuff. Changing my tune - I'm happy to part it out if interested.
  4. Costello

Farewell TDI Forum

Glad to see the positive responses. Thanks for the kind words to the forum. This is an extremely helpful place. As I hold out hope to get another diesel (auto) one day, I'm sure I'll be checking back in.
  5. Costello

leaving TDI at the dealer the night before buyback

Due to my misunderstanding of my buyback appt. date, I did the same thing, but coordinated with the buyback representative. They said no problem. Was a little nervous leaving it there for a whole week. On buyback day, they had it pulled back around front. Was a little sad leaving it for good.
  6. Costello

Farewell TDI Forum

Sadly, I have now sold my 2012 back to VW. The car was everything I'd expected, and (except for frequent regens, more recalls than I can recall, and a VW buyback) I enjoyed driving it a lot. I truly hope that affordable auto diesel technology is again available in the USA one day. Many thanks...
  7. Costello

NMS Maintenance Sale NMS Engine Oil, DSG Fluid & Filters

NMS Maintenance Sale: Engine Oil, DSG Fluid & Filters Since I no longer own my 2012 VW Passat TDI SEL, :( My loss is someone's gain. I have for sale: 3ea - 5QT Total Quartz Ineo 5W/30 (504/507) Oil 3ea - Mahle Oil Filters - p/n OX388D 1ea - DSG Filter, p/n 02-DCT250 ]1ea - Mann Fuel Filter p/n...
  8. Costello

How to do your buyback calculations (& post them here!)

CPO 2012 Passat SEL 70,000 miles, October projected miles = 76,000 Adjusted miles = 76000 - 13546 = 62,454 Buyback miles adjustment = -$900 Buyback = $23,267 Adjusted Buyback = $23,267 - $900 = $22,367 Fixit adjustment = -$150 Fixit = $6367 Adjusted Fixit = $6367 - $150 = $6,217 adios 2012...
  9. Costello

Don't be a dumb ass - like me

I feel your pain. Did the exact same thing during my 60K, when I needlessly decided to jack the car level (front was on ramps, just to recheck DSG level for the hell of it. I previously did the 40K myself as topfill, but bottom drain verified. Started jacking both sides, noticed one wasn't...
  10. Costello

What did you do to your car today?

I did the 60K service: changed the oil, oil filter replaced cabin filter replaced fuel filter (vcds re-prime) topped off the urea inspected the air filter, vacuumed out the breather box For fun: Used VCDS to enable Navigation voice commands. Loaded 2015 V10M maps. Thanks to all those who...
  11. Costello

Keyless entry intermittent failure

New keyfob battery fixed it for me.
  12. Costello

Keyless entry intermittent failure

Been having the same issue for a few weeks/months now. While I haven't changed the batteries yet, it seems to always work when the environment is dry, less reliable when there's moisture around. I did have the lock/latch freezing issue last year, and the dealership replaced the seals. Will be...
  13. Costello

How Long did it take??

Registered Nov 11, arrived in the mail today 12/8 = 27 days headed to Dealership tomorrow :)
  14. Costello

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

Yes, VW's practice was deceptive. Masterfully engineered, but deceptive. Clearly VW shouldn't have done it, much less bragged on the E performance of their TDI. I regret it more for the blow they gave a truly viable diesel platform, than for the 'enemy of the planet' reaction some seem to be...
  15. Costello

How important was "green/clean" when you bought your TDI CR?

^^^^ Gas mileage as a distance commuter was my primary factor. Performance (acceleration and handling) was strong second. The size of the platform was third. I studied TDI's and the overhead for engine/drivetrain driving and maintenance for quite a while before buying. Relied 0% on sales pitch...