Recent content by av8r

1. A

2014 Q5 TDI Transmission Fluid/Filter

Second Trans and filter change today (75K)-- still a pita. 5 litres on this one. I notice there is much more info out there now on this topic. YouTube etc.
  2. A

Best Tire Recommendations

I've actually seen the 255/45/20 Pirelli Verde tires on sale for $167. But they are stamped with a 2016 manufacture date. Since I'm in the desert tires take a severe beating to include sidewalls so I want to get as much longevity as I can from "new" shoes.
  3. A

Best Tire Recommendations

Michelin Latitude 255/45R20 shoes are ready for replacement. They've been great but at $350 a pop I've been researching other options. I like Michelin's and the Pilot Sport 4S seems to rate well and I think that is my #2 choice--again premium pricing. I'm trying to stick with summer tires...
  4. A

Update. So, dropping the pan and changing out the filter I added just over 6 liters. Once I got the transmission to recommended temp (monitored via VCDS) I put the fill plug back in (it'll drain off excess as it gets to temp) the total added came to just over 5L. I now have three spare liters...
  5. A

2014 Q5 TDI Front and Rear Final Drive/Transfer Case

Fellow compression addicts, Has anyone been able to dissect the Scheduled MX matrix for the scheduled frequency to replace the gear oil in the Front and Rear Final Drive and Transfer Case on their TDI? Link to Audi MX schedule as of Apr 2018...
  6. A

Wanted: Q5 OEM Hitch

I think you'll probably have to settle for an aftermarket hitch if you're unwilling to wait for one to pop up at a salvage yard or craigslist. Check out Reese or Curt hitches--not OEM. A quick search showed Amazon has one for $135...
  7. A

Fellow compression addicts, After a TON of research (you have to search hard for P/N's and compatibility--(BTW I think that's on purpose)) I figured I'd pass on some info/prices to change the fluid/filter in the 8 speed Triptronic transmission (0BK). Found the best deal on GREEN ATF on EBAY...
  8. A

What did you do to you Q5/Q7 today?

I'll start. I bought this Center Console Tray from Amazon--I paid $12.39 It came from China - took about three weeks to arrive. Form, fit and function was perfect. They leave all the rubber squares unattached so you have to tape or glue them down yourself. Has a small hole to feed your...
  9. A

What did you do to you Q5/Q7 today?

The robust Jetta TDI forum was always buzzing with activity. Now that I've migrated to the V6 TDI SUV the activity in this discussion area is much less. So, I want to start a thread where others can view owners activity and maybe even learn more about their Q5/Q7 from others, some new...
  10. A

Q5 Tire time

Time to replace the original Michelin Latitude255/45R20 rubber. They are quiet and great handling but I need more of an all season tire. I had 17" Pirelli Cinturato P7's on the Jetta TDI that were just outstanding--quiet, yet great traction/handling. Any suggestions/experience?
  11. A

Digital Service Manuals

Buhler, Buhler? I've searched far and wide and have come up with nothing so far
  12. A

MK5/6 Fog Lights with Euro Switch & Harness

STD OEM Reflectors These are VW OEM Fogs - stamped P/N 1TO 941 700D https://www.quirkparts.com/oem-parts/volkswagen-fog-lamp-1t0941700h These OEM lights are not "projectors" -- internal bulb - 9006 Sylvania's. Note: Never place HID bulbs into reflector housings.