Recent content by astrolumen

1. astrolumen

MN Chat Thread

The Golf sold after 3 hours on FB marketplace. No hits on Craigslist previously. I don't understand the car market anymore.
  2. astrolumen

MN Chat Thread

I edited the post. It's a manual transmission.
  3. astrolumen

MN Chat Thread

SOLD. Hi folks, it's been a few years since I've posted. My neighbor across the street has a 2003 ALH tdi in navy blue that she's selling, and i told her I'd post it here for her. Anyone in the market? ----- 2003 Navy Blue Volkswagen Golf ALH 5-speed manual tdi $2,750. Located in Falcon...
  4. astrolumen

MN Chat Thread

It was a pleasure doing business with you! I'll miss the car, but I know it's in good hands.
  5. astrolumen

MN Chat Thread

FS: 2002 VW Golf TDI - Diesel 5-speed - 217,XXX - $2600 SOLD! Hi MN TDI Peeps, I'm selling my 2002 Golf TDI. See posting here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=476064 http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/cto/6079053752.html
  6. astrolumen

FS: 2002 VW Golf TDI, 5-speed, 217,400, Minnesota

SOLD! This car is fun to drive. It's in pretty good shape for 217,000 miles and I've taken care of it so it can make it to 300,000 or more. I'm the third owner, but have driven it the longest of the three. I was attracted by the fuel efficiency, and it still routinely gets 50 MPG on my daily 30...
  7. astrolumen

Squeaky Clutch

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm having a sound that seemed to change from a rattle to a squeak today. Sounds very much like what is described here. Although, mine started on startup this afternoon. Is it possible that this clutch plate damper spring noise could be heard on startup when...
  8. astrolumen

MN Chat Thread

I'm having similar rough start issues, that started earlier this summer before the weather cooled off making it a little rougher still. On friday, it was such a shaky start that my catalytic converter shook loose of the pipe running back to the muffler. Now I sound like a honda with a resonator...
  9. astrolumen

MN Chat Thread

Hi MN folks. I'm a regular lurker and enjoy following the happenings here but not a usual participant. I have a crappy power steering fluid leak and I have a theory that I want to run past you. The leak is fast and on the driver's side. I had some work done about 5000 miles or 2 months ago. I...
  10. astrolumen

FS: Pair of MkIV Lower Control Arms

OH, good point. I never thought about where the upper control arm would be. Let me know if you need to refresh your stock. Thanks for your interest.
  11. astrolumen

No interest in some LCAs? I just need to get them out of my house. Price, shipping and payment service is negotiable.
  12. astrolumen

Bump. Any interest in this pair of LCAs?
  13. astrolumen

Thanks for the heads up on the link. I believe it is fixed now. I posted them for $50 as a buy it now item with $15 for shipping. I've got them all boxed up and ready to go, however they are sold.
  14. astrolumen

SOLD. Thanks Brian Mc. I swapped out my LCAs and now have an extra set doing nothing but cluttering my garage. These were removed from my 2002 Golf. The LCAs themselves are fine (some superficial rust) but the bushings are shot, both front and rear. In fact, I already removed the rear bushings...