Recent content by 14TDiMan

1. 1

Anyone else had this issue?

Update to those who are interested: VWoA is covering the stretched timing belt. They are also covering the water pump, idlers, and belt tensioner. I am pleased to report that VW has done the right thing. I would also like to give a shout out to my dealer (D-Patrick VW) for going to bat for me...
  2. 1

I do not know what it means either. That is what I was told. I am finding out more info today.
  3. 1

Dealer called today to tell me VWoA is currently shut down due to unforseen conditions. Whatever that means. So, still waiting on a decision. Service advisor did ask me if I want them to go ahead and order the parts just in case they say no. Suggested I could pay for the service just in case. I...
  4. 1

Hello all. My '14 Passat TDi went to the dealer for some maintenance and a couple of issues. The one that they found while fixing one of the known issues seems odd. The cam sensor seal was leaking oil and was thought to have contaminated the sensor causing my occasional start then stall issue...
  5. 1

P204 and P20EE

The Nox sensor was replaced 5k miles ago. The SCR and DPF are still original to the car. I drove 122.4 miles in each direction with 115 of those miles cruising at 75mph. When my CEL and Adblue warning came on last Sunday I had driven about 85 miles. We will see what happens with the system. I...
  6. 1

P204 and P20EE

Yes I do have the extended emissions warranty. Just got the car back from the dealer. They gave me a loaner and drove the vehicle (with my permission) for a few days after testing everything (all components passed)in the Adblue system. The car never produced another code or error message. The...
  7. 1

P204 and P20EE

Well, I was on my way to Florida when the check engine light came on and a adblue fault message came on in the message center warning of a 200 mile range before shutdown. Stopped for fuel and went ahead and added 2 gallons of Adblue. Turned around after clearing the codes and the CEL stayed out...
  8. 1

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

Southwest Indiana here. Just across the river from Kentucky. IN- $2.19/Gal KY- $1.99/Gal. Prices current as of 12-7-2020.
  9. 1

Carly interface?

I posted this in the NMS forum, but I believe it should have been here. Moderators, I apologize. I am looking into getting one of the Carly interfaces and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them. Looking for information on the level of coding possible. I would like to be able to...
  10. 1

Carly interface any good?

Hello all. Looking at the possibility of purchasing one of these OBD2 interface devices. Anyone have any experience with them? I have read about them and it seems they give a decent amount of access to vehicle functions. I am most interested in gaining access to the various modules so I can up...
  11. 1

RNS510 Firmware & Maps Info Thread

Anyone have any info as to when the HERE map updates will be available? I spoke with the customer service people there and they said no info on map update, latest is v12, and updates are generally released every 12-18 months. Thanks for any help and/or replies.
  12. 1

Review of plug and play LED upgrades: low beam (LasFit H7 G2 Pro) and High Beam (LasFit VW-01)

I am thinking about installing these in my '14 Passat. Have you had any issues with the lamp out light?
  13. 1

Sunroof control lit up at night?

Mine is the same. Thank you for the reply.
  14. 1

Sunroof control lit up at night?

As the title says, I have a 2014 Passat. I am wondering if the sunroof control should be lit up in the overhead console. Thanks for the replies.
  15. 1

Passat NMS TDI Engine blow up!? (mystery)

IF coolant was in the intercooler, then you are getting screwed. Water intrusion could be caused by high pressure water, which would be on you. I would not think the dieselgate warranty would exclude any vehicle sold in North America. Could be wrong. Call VW.