Recent content by 03tdiwagon

1. 0

2014 passat SCAN GAUGE fuel economy settings...

I'd like to hear from anybody that uses a scan gauge in there car... I know our tank on the tdi is 70L but whenever I go to fill up when it's at 5km till empty I only ever get 62L in it. I know there is a reserve but I thought that would be included in the cars distance till empty countdown ...
  2. 0

27000km since last refill and no def light yet???

so the car is a 2014 passat tdi comfortline bought it at 41430 now it has 68500 i got the car from a dealer who bought it on auction from one of vw massive tdi lots, the did all the breaks, tranny fluid, i managed to get them to change the brake fluid too i only assume they topped up the def...
  3. 0

EGR Cleaning Questions for ALH

The whole issue with the egr is the recirculating unburnt diesel fuel sticking and building up throughout the evap system/ exhaust system. If you dont want egr issues either delete the egr. Then no more recirculation will occur OR hammer on the pedal once ever couple hundred km and push the...
  4. 0

Wife wacked a curb, now has vibs. Changed rim and bearing...still there

Got a different set of winters.didnt end up installing the 16s. Went to 17s got a killer deal and also selling a car so don't require them. They ate for sale in the ONTARIO for sale forum
  5. 0

2014 passat tdi winter heater / block heater missing parts feom factory....

Anybody ? No clue what part this is supposed to plug into?
  6. 0

2014 passat tdi winter heater / block heater missing parts feom factory....

So I go under the car today to checkout some stuff and I notice I had a wire with a yellow/rubber cap on it . I followed the wire to find out it connects to the winter heater connection (block heater i believe) on the outside of the car. I find it is zip tied to another wire and just hanging...
  7. 0

Tomorrow the new winters go On, I got the blizzaks ws90 in 215/60/16 with a 16x6.5 rim setup. I was rather surprised with the price for all new installed out the door! I will update once there on and see what happens
  8. 0

Buying winter tires tonight. Hopefully will have them installed next week sometime. Ill let you know if that eliminate anything.
  9. 0

How does one go about testing the axle if its damaged or "worn out"
  10. 0

I WILL be purchasing winter tires next week with new rims and have them installed. If the vibration is still there this 100% eliminated previous tire damage / shifted belt option. If it doesn't go away back to the drawing board ...
  11. 0

Hey guys so my wife wacked a curb going 30-40km/hr a month or so ago..... i took it for a drive and noticed the wheel vibrates more than the floorboard or the driver seat. The vibs kicked in around 80+km/hr I proceeded to purchase a new 18" Bristol rim from the dealer and had it installed...
  12. 0

Def fluid intervals

Job complete. It took 2.2 gallons.. did what you guys said. Peace of cake. Thanks for help and input
  13. 0

Frost Heater

Oh sorry i failed to look at your location red before typing that .... my bad
  14. 0

Frost Heater

Does your passat not have a factory "canadian market only" block heater already installed? The flap for it is on the lower side of the front bumper. The cord to plug into it is kept in the truck ontop of the spare tire..
  15. 0

Def fluid intervals

Not to be funny just straight forward. When you guys say top it up, if I use the oem jug I can dump the .5 gal into the tank then cut the bottom off and reuse it, dumping any other def into the tank. How does 1 "top up" when the fill hole is blocked with the jug threaded onto it and I have no...