DieselGeek bracket compared to Amazon bracket.

Emrod1012

TDI
Jetta TDI
So a few weeks back I made the mistake of going with the cheap Chinese made Amazon bracket for the P2015 code in my 2012 TDI Jetta because I figured “ehhh why not?! Same thing right?!” I was So wrong it’s not even funny. I ended up ordering the dieselgeek one and holy smokes what a difference!! When I pulled it out of the packaging I could already tell the difference! The quality was 100 times better! Anyways, I’m only making this post to post pictures of the two brackets side by side so everyone can see the difference and hopefully not make the same mistake I made. The dieselgeek one is on the left and the cheap one on the right.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
Wow, ive seen here posted where the code was not helped with the added bracket. I wonder if there is data suggesting one working over the other?

Emrod1012

TDI
Jetta TDI
Wow, ive seen here posted where the code was not helped with the added bracket. I wonder if there is data suggesting one working over the other?
so when I had the cheap Amazon one on, the code would still pop up. Even after multiple drive cycles. I’ve got my yearly emissions coming up and figured I’d give the DieselGeek bracket a try before I went and spent more money at a dealership. I put the bracket in last night. The light was still on.After class today, I cleared the code with my reader and then did spent about 20-30 mins driving around. Letting the car run a diagnosis. Got home and BOOM! Code and light was gone! The Amazon one definitely doesn’t work. You can automatically feel the difference when you hold both in each hand.