My Jetta died on the highway and left for dead

williamgd2

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
All I had was my scangauge with po0006 and a few other po codes I think po0005 and po0007 It was a crank but no start condition. Driving right along and I get the dreaded flashing glow plug light and lost all power with no noise. Any ideas from these codes?

williamgd2

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
You guys were right another HPFP failure with metal in the fuel filter. It sucks but thanks to this site and you guys diagnoses confirmed.

williamgd2

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
It matters if Geico will cover it. I filed a claim and will here back Monday. I am capable of doing it myself if they don't. I Question why you would have to replace the fuel tank when you could remove it and give it a good flushing.

miamijerry

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Dealer are performing no cost repairs out of warranty.

The parts are 3700.00 and then about 3000.00 in labor.

Please post the details in the HPFP failure thread.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
I'd push VWoA for full warranty repair before handing it off to Geico. It should be VWoA's responsibility first and foremost, NOT any insurance company.

williamgd2

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
You think they will cover that with 115,000 miles on the car? I am reading a lot of members had to pay out of pocket and I don't have that kind of cash.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I don't think you'll find anyone in the US that has paid out of pocket for a HPFP replacement, except maybe back in '09 when the cars were first launched. I know there are members here with over 100K on their TDIs that have had replacements covered by VW.

miamijerry

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
You think they will cover that with 115,000 miles on the car? I am reading a lot of members had to pay out of pocket and I don't have that kind of cash.
VWofA realizes that the HPFP failures are their problem. Don't let a dealer tell you that it is not covered. Ask them to request VWofA to cover it.

TDiSkater

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG Salsa Red
VWofA realizes that the HPFP failures are their problem. Don't let a dealer tell you that it is not covered. Ask them to request VWofA to cover it.
I'm pretty sure if you read the NHTSA correspondence regarding this issue, you'll find they are fully blaming us the customers. They have just covered the failures thus far. Some believing this is being done to dampen consumer blow back during the investigation

JM Popaleetus

Veteran Member
TDI
Signature.
Will,

I only ask because going through your post history, you seem to have the worst luck. Two bad DPFs, electrical gremlins, and now a blown HPFP.

Have you done all your own maintenance to schedule and spec (507 oil, etc.)? Do you use additives? I just feel like there must be something possibly causing your car to self-destruct. If not, then I think you have the definition of a lemon.

williamgd2

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
1 bad DPF dealer lied about second DPF replacement. You know the dealer you rave about, Told me a 3 week old dpf needed to be replaced and the EGR filter was packed with soot. I came home and checked the egr filter and clean as a whistle, Did a forced regen and dpf has been fine for 1000s of miles All fluids and filters changed before or at recommended intervals. Only using Vw approved oils filters and parts. Timing chain no skimping at 112,000 miles. VWOA told me they won't cover this HPFP failure. This car has been great and dependable after the DPF replacement at 88,000 miles and now has 115,996 miles. I owe $9000.00 on this car and the bank will renegotiate The loan or they can take this pos.

Last edited:

williamgd2

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
These cars are pitiful ! Very well maintained and wow I get almost 116,000 miles out of it. VWOA says I am out of Luck and dealer says there's no way it will be covered. Geico say's I"m not covered. I used to think American Built cars sucked but they will run way past 115,000 miles. I have joined a class action law suit and filed a complaint with the NTSB.

JM Popaleetus

Veteran Member
TDI
Signature.
You think American cars are unreliable and you bought a VW? For the year of your Jetta:

Yet again, you have become overly defensive when I ask a simple question. Moreover, I'm tired of your libel (I've also noticed that you've posted it on another message board). I have never raved about any dealership, nor am I affiliated with any dealership. You asked for a recommendation and I gave you one. You asked for an opinion of a letter, and I gave one.

Here's my advice. It is obvious that your Jetta is a lemon (OR was improperly maintained before you bought it). Move on in whichever way is the least expensive. If you can get VW to cover it by continued nagging, or through a lawsuit, then do so. If you can fix it all yourself, then do so. Either way, once the car is running and/or covered, sell it and buy a Honda or Toyota. You can easily get the $9k you owe on it, probably even via trade-in.

ticketed2much

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW
These cars are pitiful ! Very well maintained and wow I get almost 116,000 miles out of it. VWOA says I am out of Luck and dealer says there's no way it will be covered. Geico say's I"m not covered. I used to think American Built cars sucked but they will run way past 115,000 miles. I have joined a class action law suit and filed a complaint with the NTSB.
Didn't read your other thread, just wanted to know if you used an additive, and if so which one? That really sucks.

williamgd2

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
Listen you got nasty Jm when I told about my bad experience with Lagon Vw of Vernon Ct. and that was before I caught them lying about needing a second DPF. Why exactly would you defend a dealer over a fellow member? suspicious . Then a search showed and still will if you go way back, Sending Ct. members there. Why? You are right I am pissed and I got a lemon. I have all my paperwork for oil and cases of filters from a site supporting dealer. The car was babied. Now stop rehashing old crap and I will too! Can you do that?

JM Popaleetus

Veteran Member
TDI
Signature.
Listen you got nasty Jm when I told about my bad experience with Lagon Vw of Vernon Ct. and that was before I caught them lying about needing a second DPF. Why exactly would you defend a dealer over a fellow member? suspicious . Then a search showed and still will if you go way back, Sending Ct. members there. Why? You are right I am pissed and I got a lemon. I have all my paperwork for oil and cases of filters from a site supporting dealer. The car was babied. Now stop rehashing old crap and I will too! Can you do that?
You're the only one rehashing anything. I asked a simple question, you're the one who made sure to add in a jab at my character.

If you take me being aggressive and annoyed that I had to defend my character against your libel (and continue to have to) as "nasty" then so be it. But to suggest that me recommending a dealership that I've had good experiences with as "suspicious" is asinine. I'll continue to recommend GM and VW products as well, is that suspicious?...considering you apparently have a lemon Jetta?

For those curious, I invite anyone to the search that Will is suggesting. It's obvious that I "rave" about them :rolleyes::rolleyes:.

And that JD power rating was for 2010 and the rating in 2014 has sunk drastically.
Actually, it has improved quite a bit.

But 2014's rating doesn't matter for a car made in 2010. Nor does it change the point I was making.

Last edited: