2014 VW Jetta TDI servicing recommendations

Jared1982

TDI
2014 VW Jetta 2.0 TDI
I’ve just purchased a 14 Jetta TDI 6 speed manual about 3 weeks ago. It has 36000 miles on it. Anyway I was looking for advice on oil change intervals(10000 miles seems a bit too long )and also a manual service recommended at 40000 which seems fine. I do all my servicing myself . I’ve drove Toyota’s forever but decided to switch my work vehicle after hitting a deer and totaling it out. Any suggestions on the BEST fluids ? Thanks

tdi_514

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI DSG
I just got a 2014 (with 78,000km) but automatic. Up here in Canada it's every 15,000 km but I tend to change it every 10,000km

Carlos_TJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Bora (BXE PD)
VW recommended oil change intervals are conservative when compared to the results people see when they do oil analysis on a healthy tdi using high quality syntethic diesel engine oil (as recommended by vw). Maybe you want to read some threads inside the lubricants section of the forum.
As for the gearbox, there are also threads describing people using both vw recommended and other brands.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
10k miles. No need to do it any more often. This has been covered here about 11ty thousand times.

Most modern Toyotas also have 10k mile oil change intervals.

If more people would just read their manuals they'd likely save a lot of money.