***Official maintenance schedule for your VW [PDFs inside]***

roostre

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI DSG
Thank you Robert for posting these.

I printed the "2012 Model Year Golf TDI" without a problem.

It is much easier to visualize which items are required for each service interval using these charts than having to compare lists on multiple pages in the "USA Warranty and Maintenance" manual that was provided with the vehicle purchase.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Glad I could help.

Sorry I couldn't do it sooner.

I had to make sure to get authorization before I posted anything. Last time, I didn't and had some corporate suits invade my office...

I don't want that to happen again. Lol

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta tdi pd-1989 Jetta IDI-1994 F-250 IDI Turbo
I guess if you do not have an owners manual this is useful?

roostre

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI DSG
I guess if you do not have an owners manual this is useful?
I am not familiar with the format or information contained in the Owner's Manuals for older vehicles, but for the newer vehicles:

The maintenance cards provided by Robert are useful even if you have an Owner's Manual.

The information shown on the maintenance cards is from the "USA Warranty and Maintenance" manual.
This information is not contained in the Owner's Manual.

The "USA Warranty and Maintenance" manual for the 2012 Golf displays this information using 14 pages of bulleted lists. The corresponding maintenance card shows the same information with 3 pages in a more concise and visual manner using a chart format.

With the chart format on the maintenance cards it is easy to see which items are recommended for each service interval with just a quick glance at the row containing the item. To determine the same information using the "USA Warranty and Maintenance" manual requires reading 14 pages of bulleted lists multiple times looking for each particular item to determine which service intervals contain that item.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
You also have to imagine that not everyone bought their car new. And as such, the previous owner may not have included it with the car.

So this may help those who do not even have the owners manual.

Conrad -JSW

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW DSG
Thanks Robert! That's very nice of you to go through the trouble.

What about the '12 Sportwagen?

I know, the '13 is the same right?

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Thanks Robert! That's very nice of you to go through the trouble.

What about the '12 Sportwagen?

I know, the '13 is the same right?
There was no separate file for JSW. I believe it was lumped in with the Jetta as it does not specifically mention Sedan.

I am just surprised that VW doesn't have these online and right up front for everyone.
I think Vw does offer it somewhere on their main site. That is one of the reasons I was given permission by my FOM to post them here. Finding them will be the tricky part...

Why nothing for 2011?
Oops.. It is fixed now. That was a lot of files to upload and link to and must have skipped over it.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
They are PDFs that you have to click on to load.

Click on the appropriate link above (for your vehicle) and then follow the instructions in GREEN below.

Last edited:

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
That's wierd...

I loaded all of the PDF's on the TDIClub server that way they would stay forever (hopefully).

Let me try signing out and clearing all my cookes because it is working for me.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
That's odd.

Even after logging out and clearing all cookies and browser history, it still works for me.

You guys aren't seeing this screen after clicking on one of the links:

exstasie

TDI
'13 VW Golf 4dr 2.0TDI
...would it be possible to get the maintenance schedule for a Canadian 2013 VW Golf??

VillageIdiott

TDI
2001 New Beetle TDI; 1999.5 Jetta GL TDI
Perhaps I am daft... but why is there a corporate CAA membership form in my 2001 VW maintenance link?

Does TDIClub have a corporate membership.. that would be nice.

Rexwell

TDI
2013 JSW (R.I.P. - buyback)
Thanks!!

Thanks for posting this Fixmy59bug! Super-helpful.

So - I just picked up my '13 TDI JSW in December, she's got about 6k miles so far (and I'm loving every mile!)

10k seems like a loooong time to go without an oil change by my conventional way of thinking. The local mechanic who works on my other rides drives a TDI and mentioned to me that he'd recommend changing about every 6k miles instead. He mentioned that he'd seen them "sludge up" a bit before 10k miles.

I'm wondering whether VW's long oil change intervals might be influenced a bit by trying to reduce costs for the Carefree maintenance program they offer. Any opinions on this?

Cheers!

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
It sounds like you should find another mechanic to be honest...

There have been literally hundreds (if not thousands) of oil change analyses on these engines.

I personally had 5 done on my 09 Jetta TDI before I traded her in.

I have never seen a problem with one of them (not related to excessive biodiesel usage) that would suggest early oil changes.

In this case, I would say to do exactly what the engineers have suggested and stick to the 10k oil change. Unless you are running 20% biodiesel or higher there should be no need for an oil change sooner.

Synthetic oil will NOT sludge in 10k miles.

As they say here, Drive more. Worry less.

Oh, and I do have all 5 of my oil analyses scanned and saved on my photobucket if you would like to check the out for yourself.

Rexwell

TDI
2013 JSW (R.I.P. - buyback)
10k it is!

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply. I figured I'd check with the experts here as I saw the odo click past 6k.

Believe you me, I worry little about this car - but I do plan to keep her for many years to come, so just wanting to treat her right. :)

Cheers!

JennyDriscoll

TDI
2012 VW Passat
Thank you so much for posting this. I have a 2012 Passat TDI that just turned over 10k miles this month (bought it a year ago)... my husband just last weekend picked up a used 2010 Jetta TDI. Great to have these maintenance schedules handy on the "desktop".

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Wow,

You guys are a dedicated Diesel family. That's great.

I'm glad so many people are able to put these to use.

I see you are in So Cal, Are you a customer of mine by chance?