New VAG-Com Locator website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbine_Doc

TDI
2001 New Beetle 1.9 TDI red auto trans
Add me to the VAG-Com list as well, I was on the old list, I added myself when I bought it a feew years back, I'm still learning how to use it, significantly more functionality than my Snap-on MT2500 "Brick" that I use on my GM 6.5 Diesels & the "lesser gasser engines I work on" cause everybody knows "real trucks" don't have sparkplugs :)

Tim

MrSafety

Newbie at Heart
California... Novato... 25 Mi. N. of S.F.
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI/ALH/01M-'80 240D Mercedes/'81 Rabbit "Caddy"/'99 Lexus ES300
Arson8... I wish you were nearby... !@#&*

Hello TDIclub.com! I work at a family owned Automotive garage in Burbank, CA and We have a VAG (one of our favorite scan tools) let me know what I can do to help any Forum members out. Question Lets say I changed my rims out and I wanted to turn off my TPMS systems all togather on my 2011 A3 is that possible with the VAG?
Thanks,
Kruger
Thanks for your POST and volunteer spirit... I truly only wish you were nearby to Novato, CA here in the S.F. Bay Area!
Just before Christmas I will be doing the TB upgrade on my Son's 2002 Jetta TDI and have been looking for someone
to come in at the end and double check the timing.
We have a Kent-Moore "Tach-N-Time" device that allows us to put a timing light on any 5 or 6 mm injector fuel line/"pipe"
and although it looks to be as accurate as any strobe on a gas engine, this is my first serious TDI work and wanted a little
backup with a Ross-Tech/VAG-COM system to double check the timing.
Thanks again,
Sam Ross [no relation to the Ross-Tech Ross(s) !

Last edited:

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
RossTech.com sells the unit, the KII-USB is the most cost effective model for your car but doesn't work on newer models.
Most everyone uses the repair manual available from Bentley Publishers

elcamino73

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon 5 speed
I've tried all 3 of the links on the first page and none are up-to-date/functional. Is there currently a locator site? How about anyone residing in CT who can rent me thier tool or come for a visit so I can do my timing belt.

Thanks

travbo24

TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon TDI
Vag Com?

I've tried the 3 links listed...with no luck. I'm looking for someone witha Vag Com near Lawrence, KS. I'd like to check something on my car, see how it looks and get a little experience with it before buying my own. Anyone out there?

Thanks!!
Travis

TDI
2009 Jeta
What is this

I have a 2009 TDI dropped the bottom cover. I saw a what looked like a filter cover under the oil filter. What is it?
Also I am familiar with diesels it is just some parts i cant figure out. It would be nice to have a picture of bottom and top with parts tags.

I also think my inter cooler is leaking a little oil how normal is this my 7.3 does this a little.
Bill

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
That is probably the lower cover for the oil cooler/heat exchanger. It is directly under the oil filter.

Where is the intercooler leaking? A very tiny seep at a hose connection is not unusual.

BUCKEYES

TDI
99 Passat 1.8L
Clarksville, TN/Fort Campbell VAGCOM

Hello. I am new to the group but I would have to say that I am not new to your reviews. I have reviewed many threads and ultimately this forum is what helped me fix my 99 VW Passat, AEB, 1.8L. I want to be added on the list of people who have VAGCOM. I have the V Checker Pro, in which I would have to say is great. It will do pretty much most of the things that a VAGCOM 1551 can do. I used mine to do a throttle body alignment with no problems. The dealership wanted to charge me $105.00. If anyone in the Clarksville, TN or surrounding areas needs VAGCOM, please email me at stanley.millerjr@us.army.mil or call 614-571-0133. Thanks TDI.

cudabnu

TDI
2013 Passat TDI, just sold my 2007 Touareg V10 TDI
Add me to the list, have VAGCOM for my 97 Passat TDI, live in Moorpark, CA 93021, work in Ventura, CA 93003 email is dave (at) karmannghia (dot) com

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
I can't seem to access any of the sites, but I have VCDS with the microCAN cable if anyone needs assistance. I'm in Alhambra (8 miles from downtown LA), and should have contact info on here to reach me.

Dodoma

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta White
Vagcom

It seems all the vagcom sites are dud. So if any of you have vagcom and would like to share with others, please provide your phone number or e-mail address, if possible.

Mike_V

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Given that the existing websites are dead and seem unlikely to return, I think a listing, as used for the Recommended Mechanics list, would be helpful. I've created an example Google Doc here including listings for the people who have volunteered their services in this past month (and also myself):

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rqtc2sq9zskU8G8ALG0vX01d4XYyMfcl5_eEsCe866k/edit?hl=en&authkey=CM3zsqkL

I am new to the Club - if somebody with more community standing would like to maintain the list, or if anybody else would like to help, I can transfer editing privileges to them through Google Docs. Otherwise, I would be happy to maintain it.

I suggest that this listing include not only VCDS, but also the more obscure diagnostic software tools like VagTacho, VagDashCom, and VDS-Pro. If people willing to offer their services could specify what tool(s) they have (including KII, Micro-Can, or Hex+CAN for VCDS) and any contact information they want provided aside from a link to their member page so that they can be PM'd, we can start putting a list together.

Mike_V

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Reading a little further back, I see that DieselJeff has already started a Google Maps listing:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=296841

Whoops - as I said, I'm new here, not trying to step on anyones toes! :eek: If people want to stick with DieselJeff's map, which already has many entries, it might be good for moderators to make that thread sticky or combine it with this one, so that a non-broken VCDS listing is available for new visitors to the site.

Conan

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 GLS TDI
Just installed my VCDS last night and played around a little with it. I have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm learning. I'm in Englewood, CO (metro Denver).

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
I'm hesitant to post my number or email on here, since these forums are still viewable by a Google search (as people on the Priuschat quoted me bashing my Prius and Prius owners on here prior to selling that POS).

MBR_B_EMT

TDI
2000 New Beetle
Wtb decent vag com cable

The thread is great if you want to find someone with VAG COM, or get help, but I want to buy a decent cable (& software?). I bought a cheap cable off ebay is the software it came with will not work on my windows 7 or NT. I was hoping to spend less than $100. Can any one advise? Thanks. 200 NB TDI 150K, ~46 MPG going to daughter to drive next. want a 04-05 jetta TDI next.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Ross tech is the only vendor as it is theirs. Anything else is a copy and not very useful as you found out. Buy the real thing or find something real that is being sold used.

kiva822

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Wagon
The thread is great if you want to find someone with VAG COM, or get help, but I want to buy a decent cable (& software?). I bought a cheap cable off ebay is the software it came with will not work on my windows 7 or NT. I was hoping to spend less than $100. Can any one advise? Thanks. 200 NB TDI 150K, ~46 MPG going to daughter to drive next. want a 04-05 jetta TDI next.
I tried to go the short-cut/cheap route as well. It is do-able, but a PITA and it doesn't always work right. In the end, it was much easier to just pay the $ for a genuine cable and reward ross-tech for the R&D. It's a great product.

I wish I had never even tried to go the cheap route. It was a waste of time.

YMMV.

cglefore

TDI
2003jetta 1.9 tdi
I am new at this so please bare with me. I have a 2003 jetta tdi 1.9. I have water in my oil. Trying to figure how it got there, could it come from a egr cooler going bad? Where should I look? The car did not get hot. the exhaust started smoking bad. Drained roughly a pint of antifreeze out of engine oil. HELP!!!!

kiva822

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Wagon
there might be somebody in riverside, but i think harviex / wild horse motors is in whittier...

NC-TDI

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI GLS, 2004 Jetta Sportwagen TDI GLS
Vag-com in Charlotte, NC

Add me to the vag-com list also. I have a newer one (usb can) and live in Charlotte, NC. I will travel as long as it is less than 50 miles.
David

Status
Not open for further replies.