www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI 101

TDI 101 Got a simple/basic TDI question? Are you a newbie (new to the forums). Feel free to post your question here.

Closed Thread

Old October 12th, 2006, 10:25   #1
Wingnut
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 4.5L/100km
Default New/Alternate VAG-COM locator websites

It appears that the vag-com lists linked in the quote below are all dead. So if you need to locate a member close by with a vag-com, there is a new thread with a Google Maps page that has started to build a list. Please have a look and add your name if you choose to do so.

Thanks.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=296841

I have made the new thread a sticky and removed this thread as a sticky as it is no longer up to date.

There is also the VW Vortex thread to use as well:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4991419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponch
Seems there are a few of these sites poping up since Steve decided to stop supporting his. Here are the 3 available to choose from:

http://www.vagcomlocator.com - Very similar to Steve's original site but no way to make changes or remove your profile from the list.

http://anglo-hexon.net:88/beowulf9/tdi/vagcom/ - New look, but I find very hard to quickly locate anything.

http://vag-tool.kicks-ass.net - My favourite. Worked with Steve to have his site redirected to it, new look with a very easy way to locate help and the ability to log in and modify your profile. This site also hides your email address to make sure no "spider" grab ahold of them to increase the spam you get. Privacy and security was thought of on tis site. Not to say that the others feel that your security isn't important, it just wasn't added in. This site also offers links and downloads that users send in.

It would be ideal to centralize all of these list, but until that happens your support will determine which will last the test of time.

Cheers
EDIT: Note to Ed: I merged your thread with this one to reduce the amount of stickeys at the top of the TDI 101 forum. Its getting cluttered up there, so no point in having 2 Vag-com list stickeys. If you need me to edit anything, please let me know.

Old Ride (2000 Black Sedan): Gone

New Ride: (2003 Silver Wagon): Malone Tuned, T4 injectors, 11mm pump, 2.5" Magnaflow cat back, PD150 intake, OMI, Wingnut SS, ERF 6 speed, Bilstein TC Sport susp. w/GTI springs, Neuspeed RSB, Santa Monica's, Autometer Cobalt Boost & EGT, MFA Sport cluster, GLI Leather seats, SS vacuum lines, AVIC Z3 Nav and I still get 4.5L/100km (I got 3.9L/100k on a tank once)
Some handy 'How to's'

Last edited by Wingnut; January 27th, 2011 at 07:33.
Old October 12th, 2006, 11:18   #2
Growler
Got Soot Vendor

added myself. to both lists.

Last edited by Growler; October 12th, 2006 at 11:23.
Old October 12th, 2006, 14:30   #3
Wingnut
Veteran Member

Thanks Growler.

It seems that the link from TDIClub is now working. But i have heard a few reports of it not working from time to time, so its good to have a backup list.

New Ride: (2003 Silver Wagon): Malone Tuned, T4 injectors, 11mm pump, 2.5" Magnaflow cat back, PD150 intake, OMI, Wingnut SS, ERF 6 speed, Bilstein TC Sport susp. w/GTI springs, Neuspeed RSB, Santa Monica's, Autometer Cobalt Boost & EGT, MFA Sport cluster, GLI Leather seats, SS vacuum lines, AVIC Z3 Nav and I still get 4.5L/100km (I got 3.9L/100k on a tank once)
Some handy 'How to's'
Old October 12th, 2006, 14:38   #4
DeafBug
Gone but Never Forgotten: Requiescat In Pace

TDI(s): 2001 NB
Fuel Economy: numbers are good
Wink

Hey Wingnut,

It is nice to your post got a sticky and not mine. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=95710

DeafBug

Old October 12th, 2006, 15:04   #5
Wingnut
Veteran Member

Its 2 years old

If I had seen that one before, I would have made it a sticky.

Sorry Brad.

Some handy 'How to's'
Old January 8th, 2007, 16:05   #6
Ironforger
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut
It appears that there are some problems accessing the vag-com list that is linked at the top of this page.
You mentioned "Linked at the top of this page" What list? I don't see the link. I added myself to the steve hall list, but where is the other list you are reffering to? Am I missing something here?
- 90 Dodge w250 4x4 cummins 5 speed 145k FOR SALE $6000
Old January 8th, 2007, 17:59   #7
Wingnut
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironforger
You mentioned "Linked at the top of this page" What list? I don't see the link. I added myself to the steve hall list, but where is the other list you are reffering to? Am I missing something here?
Right above the liscense plate frame and under the Articles link. There is a link for the vac-com list.

Some handy 'How to's'
Old January 15th, 2007, 08:44   #8
davebugs

Link works but I can't see the list when I submit for USA/PA. I was going to add myself to the list but not if I can't see the list - guess I'm funny that way.

I'll see if I fare better with the backup list.

Dave
Old March 23rd, 2007, 18:33   #9
Fyrman
Veteran Member

I'm in!

Some people are like Slinkies...... They're really good for nothing but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs!
Old May 16th, 2007, 08:44   #10
majesticj
Veteran Member

is this down right now?
Old August 10th, 2007, 11:38   #11
ksmooth

TDI(s): 05 jetta wgn
Default VAG-COM info ?

vag-com 101--what is vag-com, how might a mere mortal like me access this technology? I"m wanting to do some more investgative work regarding cruise control issues. Just had the brake switch replaced by dealer under recall, didn't bring back my cruise control. Brakes are fine. THe CC light come on, but cruise does not work. The switch they installed is the 1CO 945 511 A. I was expecting it to be a "d"-- most recent version, but from what I can tell it is different than the original A switches. ( I gleaned this from photos from"how to install brake light switch"post--very helpful.

Hope I'm putting this question in the right place--
thanks
the ride is a 05 GLS WAGON, 5-speed.

Last edited by ksmooth; August 10th, 2007 at 11:41.
Old August 10th, 2007, 13:15   #12
rdkern
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: B4 = 48/40/36 A4 = wife drives it, don't know

Do you have access to a VagCom?

If so, further instructions will follow.
Old August 11th, 2007, 08:11   #13
ksmooth

TDI(s): 05 jetta wgn

I've looked at the login page from the list link above, that's all. I looked for explanitary links but havn't found em yet. 'preciate the help.
Old October 1st, 2007, 19:07   #14
Ed's TDI
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 5.7 / 5.1 / 4.5 L/100km
Exclamation New VAG-Com Locator website

I tried to post this in the "TDI News/Tech" section but apparently it has to be approved by the mods first so I figured I'd post it here. This is a link to the new VAG-Com Locator website. Please take the time to register and enter your info so we can make sure we don't lose this invaluable resource.

LINK

Old October 2nd, 2007, 15:20   #15
Ed's TDI
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 5.7 / 5.1 / 4.5 L/100km

Bump! Let's see if we can get this hread "stickied" so people can see it!

Closed Thread