2016, January 30 GTG at DanG144's Chapin, SC

Aztraveler

Veteran Member
TDI
Sold 2014 Jetta back to VW in 2016. In Oct 2020 Bought 2015 Passat TDI SE CPO
Dan, I also plan on attending. I enjoyed the last one you had.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

VWSHPFRMN

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
None at the time
Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Please let me know if anyone needs anything. I will be putting my Passat up for sale so if anyone is interested it will be at the GTG. PM me for details. Too much to list on this thread but those who know me can tell you how I treat my vehicles. Asking $6500 .
https://goo.gl/photos/2fMNxtq3RsyLqEih6

gearheadgrrrl

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf DSG, '13 JSW DSG surrendered to VW, '03 Golf 2 door manual
Anybody demonstarting maintainece on an A6?

My '13 JSW only has 27k miles so I'm not due for the big services like the 40k miles one yet, but would be nice to watch one so I could see how it's done.

TDI_Brad

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat TDI SEL
My '13 JSW only has 27k miles so I'm not due for the big services like the 40k miles one yet, but would be nice to watch one so I could see how it's done.

We are supposed to be doing an 80k on my '12 Passat. So maybe you can learn something from that. I know I will learn from it.

Sent from my iPhone using TheChive - KCCO!

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd
Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Please let me know if anyone needs anything. I will be putting my Passat up for sale so if anyone is interested it will be at the GTG. PM me for details. Too much to list on this thread but those who know me can tell you how I treat my vehicles. Asking $6500 .
https://goo.gl/photos/2fMNxtq3RsyLqEih6
Pete, glad to see you will be making it up here. Somebody will be getting their selfs a very nice Passat. Your Passat has always been my favorite!

DiggerDanny

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
I'm definitely looking forward to attending this meeting. Always love these get-togethers! My 2003 Jettawagon TDI is running well and has nearly 280,000 miles at this point.
I do have a question -- presently, the headlamps on my VW do not have fog-lamps; if I replace my headlamps and go with ones that have fog-lamps as well, what kind of additional wiring do I need to obtain to connect with the back of the fog-lamp switch that I replaced recently that will work for headlamps with foglamps? Is it much trouble to hook up that wire? By the way, thanks to the awesome help from this particular TDI car-club-meet, I replaced my regular headlamps with regular headlamps about 5 years ago.

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Maybe I can come? I've been out of sight for awhile. Perfect place to come visit and kibbutz.

Digger, I have a few foglight kits, if you wish one.

Bruce

P.s. I'll let y'all see the bullet holes in the Passat.... ?

AlcoC420

Veteran Member
TDI
Has anyone planning on attending installed the Diesel Geek 'P2015 Code Repair Bracket'? It's very likely I need to install one and I think I can handle the work, but I'd feel more confident doing so with an experienced set of hands nearby. Thank you.

N41EF

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf, 2009 ML 320, 2006 NB, 2001 NB
Dan, can you PM me the address? I have a used swirl motor from my '11 Golf I'll bring, my VCDS and enough tools to be dangerous. May drive the Mercedes ML 320 just so you guys can see how much crap the germans can pack under the hood.

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
Done. It will be good to see the Mercedes, and the fan may come in handy for a project of mine - if I ever get around to it.

Anyone else still need contact info?

Now, if I can just restrain myself from buying Pete's [vwshpforeman] car.

ecorob

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, 2000 Golf TDI, 1992 Jetta Eco-Diesel,
Attending GTG and WTB TDI 5-speed

PM me if your have Passat B4 (1996, 97) wagon or MK4 Golf or Jetta wagon (1999.5-2003) 5-speed for sale cheap. I have engine and turbo to transplant. Also posted on cars for sale forum. Cash & carry at the GTG or your place. Thanks.

hip001

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI SEL dsg
Woohoo

Hey Dan, I now live close enough to make this one!! Looking forward to meeting all you TDI folk!!!

Anyone coming up through Atlanta I-85 way let me know. We can get a TDI cruise going to Dans.

I wanna bring the Audi TT for the heated seats, but Ill be bringing the 06 Jetta TDi DSG. Less than 3hrs from here :D

Tman-61

TDI
2006 Jetta 5sp.
Greetings all,

I'm hoping to be a new face at the G2G as well. Would a clutch and brake flush be too much to try that day ? I've heard it goes smoothly with a VAG COM. Also, when will you post location details...?

-- tman-61

hooville

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS, 2016 GTI, 2015 TDI Sportwagen S
I'll be there if at all possible, I can bring a set of ramps if they will be useful. I'm looking forward to seeing/meeting everyone, I've never been to one of DanG's GTGs!
Dan, is there anything I can bring: water, snacks, ?? Just let me know!
I would like to wire up the foglights in our new headlights (I just installed a pair of Jeff's HID headlights and they are amazing - I'll happily show them off to anyone who'd like to see them!) I have run the wires to the headlight plugs from the dash, Euroswitch is installed, I have a spare relay 53 & mounting block, some wire and fuses: I would really like some advice on the best way to get them hooked up and working!

ccbsecu

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg Executive TDi
Hello all! I recently picked up VCDS Mobile and wanted to ask if anyone else coming to the GTG has experience using this?

Dan - I am still planning to bring the Treg:)

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
The ramps may come in handy.

I look forward to seeing the vcds mobile...

If everyone will bring drinks [water and soda], chips, and maybe a dessert, enough for themselves plus a bit...

Drinks
Chips
Chairs
Extension cords
A pop up rain top If you have one [do not buy one for this]
Tools

We will cook hotdogs, sausage dogs, hamburgers, beans, potato salad, and slaw. Provide condiments, plates, paper towels, and have plenty of ice chests [to either keep the drinks cold or keep them from freezing as needed].

We'll have coffee and donuts early on.

We'll put out a donation jar to help defray expenses.

GCBUG00

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Beetle
Dan,

Aren't you glad it wasn't today. We've got some ice on the trees right now.

I'm bringing a cowboy coffee pot setup with some horsepower to boil it with this year.

Might be able to assist if req'd on that clutch flush & bleed.

I'm having some slower crank on these colder mornings, battery is about 2 months old and the starter makes a little strange noise after it fires up.

Gary

rzbill

TDI
2013 Sportwagon
Since I am one of the TDIClub Noob appliance drivers :mad:, you make take my comments in that context.

In other clubs, there is a "mecca" meeting in the same place every year. In one club case, close to 1/2 million people attend. Having it in the same place every year provides a means to develop the site and the plans get better and better each year. It is true that not everyone attends. To take care of that need, there are other local (more regional really) functions, again in the same place each year. The same positives apply to these regional events. Planning improves and the site improves.

Although I am close to SC, I have plans for the weekend of the 30th.

However, I really appreciate this thread because I learned of the gents in Alexander, NC. ( I am in Leicester , NC ) Will likely contact them if Deiselgate ends in a manner for me to keep the car and do some speed work.

Last edited: