05 tdi passat won't start

jimstrax

TDI
04 jetta tdi, 81 diesel p/u, 96 dodge cummins
Hi everybody...My nieghbor has an 05 passat and it won't start. I should say it won't even turn over. All the lights on the dash work and the ding a lings do there thing.
I don't have a print, but I suspect there is a relay that pulls the starter solenoid in and maybe a fuse for that relay. i dunno??
This is what happened...She started the car to let it warm up and went back in the house. When she came out 5 mins later it had shut off and the rest is ....(read above)
Are there wiring diagrams on this site?? if so where?
I sure would appreciate any help you can give me....thanks Jim

Joe_Meehan

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB TDI, 2002.5, Silver
I don't know where it would be on a 2005 Jetta, but I believe it may be the 109 relay. I can't remember enough details Not expensive. This is not the starter relay (solenoid) It

However I might suggest that it may be a battery issue. It if is the original battery, it might be a little early to die, but possible.

The guys over at TDICLUB.COM will have more experience with that model.

I just checked and here is a good link including images and instructions.

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE