2001 durango tdi awd auto

Rmschuit

TDI
Ahu
Im running a 2001 durango tdi with malone stage 3 tune egr delete and map delete runs a 3 stage 30 psi boost with the stock dodge auto tranny and awd and 31 inch tires would there be a benefit to twin turbos

Last edited:

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
Could use some pictures! Stage 3 should only be running 18 PSI, are you including atmospheric pressure? the Map sensor in these is only 2.5 bar so anything past 22 it can't even meter.

Rmschuit

TDI
Ahu
They where custom made chips I had made from malone tuning I'll halfto find the specs for them but they where set up to run what ever desired boost you wanted ill get some pics still a work on progress the dirango is on tristar website in ontario he got me the chips i have 2 sets other ones are in my 2001 caravan tdi manual transmission

Last edited:

Motohead1

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 bug+telephone pole
yea where is the pics? Are you running the stock torque convertor? What kind of fuel mileage are you getting?

Rmschuit

TDI
Ahu
Ya everything on the truck side is stock works a lot better than I thought it would have but i always have issues with the wiring harness working on building another one now sits around the 30 mpg best ive got was34 mpg but the awd and dash all work as they should I built a 2001 caravan with a trick and used the manual tranny but the cluster was canbus system and wouldn't work so I just used the bullydog watch dog and was great it got 46 mpg was very happy with it how do you add pics on here

Motohead1

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 bug+telephone pole
Thats cool I see how you mounted the crank and cam signal and used the TPS to keep the auto trans happy. Very cool.

Rmschuit

TDI
Ahu
Ya it was a long process had a lot of trouble with the flex plates ripping apart the machine shop didn't have the adapter plate centered for the motor to the tranny so the truck sat on and off now it has rust showing up everywhere so I want to upgrade the body to maybe a 2007 Durango or Dakota sometime but it has been fun I want to try a twin turbo on it and see what it does

CRSMP5

Veteran Member
TDI
idi
any thing above 15mpg in a durango is winning... LOL...

you do not wanna exceed year of engine vs year of title of body... aka 2003 engine in a 2007 body will never pass a emission check... and with vw lies and such... tdi swaps are going to get nailed soon or a later... and knit picked.. so imo... get a southern one as old and solid as you can.. then use it to build.. how i do it... ****ty test bed... solid never seen salt for rebuild into keeper

Rmschuit

TDI
Ahu
I'm good for emissions I don't have it where I live hopefully will never have it did you use the manual trans in yours I seen you where talking about changing your gearing I've drove mine with overdrive and without and the fuel millage never changed