06 tdi shut off while driving no start

tdifuelsaver

TDI
06 mk4 tdi
hello first time posting here and I appreciate any help that is giving to me thanks.
my GF has a 2006 golf tdi its the old body style not the newer one. She was driving for over 300kms no problem then we stopped to change drivers without stopping the engine I got in drove for maybe 2 kms and it died.
it cranks fine glow plugs lights are on but no fire.

If I put my head by the lift pump under the rear passenger seat I can hear it very lightly.

I checked for codes only ones were glow plugs #4 were bad but that I already knew.

if relay 109 was bad I wouldn't have the glow plug light on right ?
with my lift pump being on it should be filling up my fuel filter but I took the plastic "T" off from the top the filter and I couldn't see any fuel in the filter.

I tried boosting it last night since I read that VW don't like low voltage from the battery and I have 12.06 V still no start im on a bum here

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
Pull the line from the tank and see if it pumps fuel when the key is on.
I hear my lift pump from the driver seat as soon as I turn the key.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

tdifuelsaver

TDI
06 mk4 tdi
ok thanks eddieleephd I did that and no fuel came out I proceeded to test for voltage at my plug and no voltage anywhere with the key on so Im guessing pump is still good but not getting power. I am getting 0.2V at the purple wire is there anywhere on this website for wiring schematics ?

Last edited:

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
Not so much wiring schematics here, sorry. Everyone loves to send people after the Bentley.
Check your fuses, and check neutral to ground to be sure you can get a good ground.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

tdifuelsaver

TDI
06 mk4 tdi
all fuses are good by the door and my neutral to ground is good the only relay that controls the transfer pump is 109 ?

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon