View Single Post
Old September 5th, 2011, 21:26   #6
Zippy_car
Trouble Maker

Fuel Economy: 42, 27.6, 23 - Subaru #'s
Red face Thank you, VERY much.

Thanks, Tom! And thank you to all who thought I would be worthy of a nomination (apparently there were several submissions with my name on it, but you remain anonymous).

I'll be honest, about half of the banquet is a blur to me at this point . But I wanted to say a HUGE thank you for thinking to honor me with such a prestigious recognition in TDIClub. I remember trying to stumble through a speech, and failing horribly (and Lug_nut pointing out a great way to shut me up (and make me blush) - give me an award haha). So maybe I can try again here:

I am still finding it difficult to believe that I'm this years recipient. But I'm honored to be among the few who have been acknowledged for their outstanding contributions to the TDIClub community. This club is my family. I don't take that lightly. While I'm not as mechanically savvy as many of you, I have found that I take great enjoyment in helping out in other ways: organizing and helping you with TDIFest being one of them. I take great joy in seeing so many of you year after year and seeing the evolution of creation, modification, and camaraderie, and it makes me proud to be included in your community. This community has come to my aid in so many ways over the years that I am more than happy to give back to the club in whatever ways I can to pay forward the kindness, support, and generosity that others have shown me. Sometimes, I feel that I tend to receive more kindness than I can keep up in giving back. I believe I said this at the banquet, and I stand by it: Pay it Forward. A little bit of kindness and support can go a long way as long as we all continue to pay forward the goodness that we receive. That's what this community, this "family", - TDIClub is all about.

In short (just for you, Jon): Thank You.

Former mk4 jetta owner, turned Subaru mountain climber.
Zippy_car is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06732 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 17.06 Kb. compressed to 15.48 Kb. by saving 1.58 Kb. (9.24%)]