BUG*PWR 1998 NB Tdi

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUG*PWR

RIP, Gone But Not Forgotten
New Beetle CT plate BUG*PWR Year: 98 black/black/TDI Packages: Sport, Conv, ABS, CD.Add on's ; Rear no drill spoiler, splash guards, side wind deflectors, fog light grills, Perfect fit bra, mirror bras, logo valve caps, logo mats, yellow calipers, silver pinstripe and NB list decale.

------------------
It ain’t the horsepower it’s the Torque !

..........|
........-^-
....-/_____\-
...(O\__o__/O)
...[#]oxxxo[#]

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
Whoa,

The bras on the front and mirrors work great on the black! Don't forget to remove them once in a while to avoid paint scratches/mildew from forming underneath.

Nice brakes, Man.

BUG*PWR

BeetleGo, Just incase your thinking of doing your calipers.

I painted mine back in April and they still look great. I talked to a lot of people at shows who had painted them also. You can by a kit for $50 to paint them . Or you can do like many of us did and just use Rustoleum. I used the Rustoleum brush on paint. No need to remove the calipers, just the wheels. Cleaned them first with brake cleaner and after they dried painted them with sunburst yellow. The paint flowed real nice, no brush marks when they dried. Actually they looked better than my friends, who paid $50 for the Folic Tech kit. His looks like they could use another coat were mine look solid yellow. It took me about 4 hrs totally. But I also cleaned each wheel front and back and waxed them while the paint was drying. I think waxing the wheels makes it eaiser to get that darn brake dust off.

[This message has been edited by BUG*PWR (edited November 09, 1999).]

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
My car is white, so I don't think the yellow would look good, but I'm definitely tempted.

Say, fire engine red?

P.S. TVA still doesn't have the running boards available yet, but I'm going for the silver stone guards, fog lamp grills, and "TDI" logo as well, when they get them in.

BUG*PWR

BeetleGo, Send me an email and I'll return it with this really Kewl White NB pic you can use for a background. As for the fog light grills I made my own. Same as they sell at TVA here's how. Home Depot sells black plastic gutter screen 10’ for $1.99. Cut a 4” dia. circle out of heavy cardboard for a pattern. Place the pattern over a piece of gutter screen and with tin snips or heavy sicors cut around the pattern. Waaa Laaa Fog light grills. You have enough material to make about 30 sets. You can even experiment by spray painting them. I did one pair in silver and they held up fairly well. I was giving sets out to all fellow Buglings at VW shows I attended this past summer.

------------------
It ain’t the horsepower it’s the Torque !

..........|
........-^-
....-/_____\-
...(O\__o__/O)
...[#]oxxxo[#]

[This message has been edited by BUG*PWR (edited November 04, 1999).]

S

SkyPup

Nice photo shot with all the trees in the back ground, almost looks like that NB is flying! We have the black VW front bra on our white NB and I got the flower power bras for the read view mirrors for special effect. I also have the whole huge magnetic stick on peace signs, flowers, etc. for a total "Acid" effect.

RexSuzi

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Norman:
We'll miss you, Gary. Rest in peace.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gary...we'll miss your posts to the NB list serve. Roswell won't be the same without you and Katie.

Suzanne and Junebug

------------------

babybenz

Veteran Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BUG*PWR:
BeetleGo, Just incase your thinking of doing your calipers.

I painted mine back in April and they still look great. I talked to a lot of people at shows who had painted them also. You can by a kit for $50 to paint them . Or you can do like many of us did and just use Rustoleum. I used the Rustoleum brush on paint. No need to remove the calipers, just the wheels. Cleaned them first with brake cleaner and after they dried painted them with sunburst yellow. The paint flowed real nice, no brush marks when they dried. Actually they looked better than my friends, who paid $50 for the Folic Tech kit. His looks like they could use another coat were mine look solid yellow. It took me about 4 hrs totally. But I also cleaned each wheel front and back and waxed them while the paint was drying. I think waxing the wheels makes it eaiser to get that darn brake dust off.

BUGPWR,,, How long did the yellow paint take to dry? how long for the entire project of painting?

dan,

[This message has been edited by BUG*PWR (edited November 09, 1999).]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I am truly saddened by the untimely passing of our friend and Fellow tdiclub member.
REST IN PEACE Gary you will be truly missed.
My deepest condolences to the family.
Tom Walker

S

SkyPup

Thanks for touching so many of us with your kindness, you are missed. I for one enjoyed the fun and comradrie......

J

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 passat tdi.... my 6th TDi!! a4, a3, b4, a5, my b7 and wife has a '11 JSW.. :)
Gary, Thanks for all of your insights and great knowledge and desire to help people!!! You'll be missed deeply, chill-bumps, and you know that we all loved you!!!!

sigh......

ps- Gary are there some good 'ol dubs up there? Meet me when I go, I'd like the thought of having an insider...............
Sorry guys, i'm kinda mindless right now!!
J

------------------
Life is too short play hard!!
'67 13 Window Deluxe
'99 Beetle TDI GLS

astibo

(x-posted to the Vortex)

Yesterday, I had the honor of delivering a print-out of this thread as well as the donations that I had received to Gary's family. I was very proud to be the representative of this "family" in presenting this to Joyce, Aimee, and Lauren.

You all have my sincere thanks for the outpouring of support. Knowing the kind of void left in my life with Gary's departure, I can not even begin to imagine what void is left with his wife and daughters.

If anyone would like to send donations to me at the address listed in this tread, please do so. I will always make sure that it gets to its proper destination immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.