View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2008, 13:12   #15
EnthymematisHabilis

Fuel Economy: 43mpg

Boy, when I first started it up and let it idle for the oil (just changed the oil, what was left of it, and the filter) to get pumping good throught the turbo, it ran really rough. Smoking too (don't tell any emissions folks about all the oil that got dumped in my exhaust/cat!). VAG-COM reported misfire on cylinder #1.

Next, I drained the fuel filter (it's still pretty new so I decided to keep using it) and filled it up with the PowerService diesel kleen I got. Unplugged the return line and the feed line from the filter and looped them together so the return fuel would feed back into the filter. Ran the engine with my VAG-COM hooked up and let it cycle the basic settings on block 4. This worked until a vacuum formed in the fuel filter and stopped fuel flow. Let open the T-fitting and released the vacuum, put a little more diesel kleen in and ran it some more... cleaned up the diesel that spilled out of ?the T-fitting I didn't plug back in or the filter?(not sure where it came out, but it wasn't too much)... Unplugged my loop and put the hoses back as normal.

Test drive! It seems to run smoothly on the short drive I took, turbo seems to work okay (no whine like the VNT15) and reasonably responsive. I think the diesel kleen helped and we'll see if the symptoms/codes come back when I take it for a longer drive this afternoon.

thanks all,
David
EnthymematisHabilis is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08942 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 15.63 Kb. compressed to 14.13 Kb. by saving 1.49 Kb. (9.56%)]