***The driving game*** - picture scavenger hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Current Challenge (#562) Your TDI on a boat/ship that is floating in the water. No parking on an inflatable raft.

;)

Last edited:

ng3

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI & Jetta TDI
Current Challenge (#562) Your TDI on a boat/ship that is floating in the water. No parking on an inflatable raft.

;)
Lol, that's not what my email notification says Mr Dozen.

Since the current challenge is difficult for most, why not add: with you doing a Titanic style pose at the front of the ship/boat.

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg

Since the current challenge is difficult for most, why not add: with you doing a Titanic style pose at the front of the ship/boat.
Hehe, did you see my "reason for editing" :rolleyes:

Current Challenge (#562) Your TDI on a boat/ship that is floating in the water. No parking on an inflatable raft

ng3

Veteran Member
TDI
Yep, got a good chuckle out of it :)

And we'll now resume our previously interrupted programming:
Current Challenge (#562) Your TDI on a boat/ship that is floating in the water. No parking on an inflatable raft

fnjimmy!

Chucklechump
TDI
TDIdiot
"...in the North Atlantic in 1912"

AK islandr

TDI
Silver 03 GLS 5 spd wagon
Ok, how do I post a picture on this forum? I rode our local ferry to the other island just to get this snap.

jtnf

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 B7 Passat
Ok, how do I post a picture on this forum? I rode our local ferry to the other island just to get this snap.

I use tinypic.com - upload and resize in one easy step, paste the resulting
"IMG" tagged string here.

Lately they're getting a little obnoxious, so YMMV - They recently started putting advertising in their CAPTCHAs. Not obnoxious to make me go elsewhere, but silly.

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
I use tinypic.com - upload and resize in one easy step, paste the resulting
"IMG" tagged string here.

Lately they're getting a little obnoxious, so YMMV - They recently started putting advertising in their CAPTCHAs. Not obnoxious to make me go elsewhere, but silly.
It's nice to have the picture for this site, on this site rather than on an outside site so that there is less chance of loosing the picture link.

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
It's nice to have the picture for this site, on this site rather than on an outside site so that there is less chance of loosing the picture link.

True. We are doing good so far. Ultimately, if the poster cares enough to update links in posts when shuffling picture servers, we will get to maintain them in our thread. :)

(Current for now, anyway!;))

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Lol that's all about gone already, it's been raining a LOT instead. What's next anyway whoever it applies to?

ng3

Veteran Member
TDI
Pretty close, that url tag is extra.

This is not my picture, it's AK Islander's

Last edited:

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
That is a nice entry win, but alas, no new challenge.....

Open naming of next challenge, #563.......first come first serve.......

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Well hopefully Forza won't be too annoyed! :D

Next Challenge: (#564) Your TDI next to a vintage farming implement designed to be drawn by a horse

ng3

Veteran Member
TDI
Interesting...
While you think of where to find such an implement, here's part of what makes me enjoy my job. Previewing upcoming walmart styles:

Next Challenge: (#564) Your TDI next to a vintage farming implement designed to be drawn by a horse

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself

But how do they hold a pencil in their hoofs...

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Sooooooooooooo....................

I wish to suggest some centenary thoughts. (You may tune out here) :rolleyes:

While I think the next big event should be at 1000, that's a long time to wait. In accordance with our new superlative style centenary challenges, and to redeem WEB's earlier victory, when the time comes (at #600) how about WEB come up with just one superlative challenge for a usual 48 hour open vote deal. Then that one winner of the one challenge can name 700, etc. while we wait for the big 1k.

Also, the logical progression for the 1k in my mind is 10 challenges in 10 days, and one should be reserved for a "previous challenge you wished you won" type again, something to look forward to as well as a quaint "second chance" tradition.

WEB? Everyone? What do you say?

Current Challenge: (#564) Your TDI next to a vintage farming implement designed to be drawn by a horse

Forza91

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL TDI, 2004 Golf GLS TDI
Something like that would be nice. 1K is awfully far away. The thread has been crawling by as of late, so who knows when we will hit 1000. Personally I like the multi-day challenges as I can partake in those much more easily and since they arent about who can accomplish it the quickest, it let's you see more interpretations of said challenges by the others. IMO it'd be nice if we had one at every 100. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.