FS: 2001 Golf TDI 4-door w/ lots of mods

shadowhand

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI
FS: 2001 Golf TDI 5sp 4dr w/ lots of mods

After much deliberation, putting my favorite car up for sale. It is black, 4-door, gray leather interior, manual, 15" Avus wheels, 220xxx miles.

First off, the bad: the hood paint is really faded, there are a couple of small rust spots around the front wheel wells, and the left fender is dinged. Beyond that, minor wear and tear that is normal for a 17 year old car.

Known issues: the drivers door lock module is starting to go and should be replaced, the AC compressor is starting to go but I have a brand new one to be installed, the skid plate dropped 3 bolts but I have a complete stud kit to replace them, timing belt will need to be done in the next ~20k.

Now, the good stuff: this is a heavily modified TDI with a lot of boost under the hood:

- brand new VNT-17 (installed this summer)
- brand new DLC Race 520 injectors (installed this summer)
- brand new Darkside SMIC intercooler (installed this summer)
- BRM intake manifold conversion (installed this summer)
- Malone custom tune (Stage 3+)
- SouthBend S3 Daily clutch
- EGR delete w/ race pipe
- "old man" intake kit
- 2" aluminum upper IC piping
- 2.5" aluminum lower IC piping
- Kerma 2.5" stainless downpipe and exhaust w/ hiflow cat
- Bilstien TC struts with Shine Racing springs
- Panzer skid plate
- FrostHeater
- Extra set of Avus wheels with winter tires
- Thule roof rack

Probably more that I am forgetting. Oil has always been changed with synthetic at 5000 mile intervals. Maintenance is up to date and performed by a trusted mechanic. I have full service records going back to 2012 and some beyond that.

I am this the 3rd TDIClub owner and I would love to see it go to a 4th! :cool:

$4000 OBO

Last edited:

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
To paraphrase Phil Gramm, I have more TDIs than I need but not as many as I want.

[Actually, I have exactly as many as I need, but I'm always looking for another Mk4 Golf manual with ALH engine.]