1.9 Tdi vibration power loss

A4.power

TDI
A4 1.9 tdi 2000mod b5 tiptronic
Hi, i have an audi A4 2000 mod 1.9 tdi tiptronic, and in the last week the car suddenly starts to shake and loss off power, and when i switched on off the ignition and then it run normaly almost every time, for a little while somtimes for 10 sek and somtimes a few minutts, when i take a fault code reader and the codes i Get is: P1264 PD unit injector , cyl 4 (n243) regulation range exceeded and P1267 the same but cyl 3 (n242)
And the last fault code is P0304 cyl 4 misfire detected, the car doesn't go into limp mode, and when i give full trottle the engine always work perfekt over 3000rpm but in normal city driving with low speed then this shaking and poor performance kicks in.

Can sombody please tell me what this is that have happend and what parts do i check or replace, or is it sombody so have had the same problem ? I need some hjelp with my car.

Best regards John.

A4.power

TDI
Don't any one have a clue ? I fitted a new trottle pedal today but the car is just as bad as it was.

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
It sounds like you have a PD engine, but exactly which one is not known. Probably the first thing to check is the state of the lifters and cam, which can be determined after removing the valve cover.

Please take some good pictures and post them.

Henrick

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf VI TDI, 77 kW (CAYC)
What is the car's mileage? My bet is that's time for injector replacement...

A4.power

TDI
Hi, its a PD engine 1.9tdi 2000mod mileage is 185000 and i don't think its the cam or somthing mecanikal problem, becorse the engine is ok and works fine 70% of the time the rest 30% is shaking and powerloss and it seems to Running on 2cyl when this kicks in at 1800 o/min to aprox 2500 o/min with low trottle movment, at full trottle it seems to be ok somtimes when the shaking kicks in, i turn off on the ignition in speed the car somtimes is ok for a while, then its not a mecanikal problem or ? Notting is changed in the engine after this problem was here, can it be the timing og somthing ? Does sombody have a clue for this problem ? The fault codes i Get is on the first post here.

Can sombody please hjelp me out ?

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
Our PD engines have been known to have injector harness problems, but I don't know exactly what. It could be a chaffed wire, but again I'm guessing. I would first check the round harness on the side of the head before taking off the valve cover. Wish I knew more.

A4.power

TDI
Our PD engines have been known to have injector harness problems, but I don't know exactly what. It could be a chaffed wire, but again I'm guessing. I would first check the round harness on the side of the head before taking off the valve cover. Wish I knew more.
Hi.

The harness on the head, i can take a look and see if i can find somthing. Its so strange that its not all the time this appearing and on off switch in speed helps somtimes, so i think this is a fault in the electric wiring or maybe a sensor ? Is it a timing sensor on this engines ? And where is it ? Its just like a petroleum engine have ignition failure but on this engine there are no ignition.
There Must be some other people so have had the same problem ?
Come on help me out here :)
Thanks..

A4.power

TDI
Hi.
The harness on the head, i can take a look and see if i can find somthing. Its so strange that its not all the time this appearing and on off switch in speed helps somtimes, so i think this is a fault in the electric wiring or maybe a sensor ? Is it a timing sensor on this engines ? And where is it ? Its just like a petroleum engine have ignition failure but on this engine there are no ignition.
There Must be some other people so have had the same problem ?
Come on help me out here :)
Thanks..
I have checked the most off the wiring harness in the engine tonight i didnt find a failure just oil spill on 1 sensor, cleened it but the car is just as bad, so now i am going empty off ideas, very strange this and it Must be anybody so know somthing aboat this audi modells :)

tdoskey

TDI
2004 Jetta TDI, 2005 Jetta TDI
Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I have a 2004 Jetta TDI with the PD engine, engine code BEW and I have the same problem. It has been to the dealer, an independent repair shop and a local guru. Nobody can solve the problem.

A4.power

TDI
Hi. Yes it was the lifters so was worn out so it was 10mm too short in pumping the injectors, and there was an vacum leak so the n75 didnt Get the vacum it needed.