Serpentine Belt Tensioner (A4 ALH) Keeps breaking!!!!!!

TDI
ALH 2003 Jetta
Hi everyone!
i am a tdi newbie here.:p
I don't know how to upload the photo.......:mad:
Got a serious question. My Serpentine Belt Tensioner keeps breaking. It is already third times since last Feb.:eek: My mechanic checked the alternator pully, they didn't find anything unusual with it.:eek: So what causes my Serpentine Belt Tensioner keeps breaking?( the tensioner itself is OEM parts, never bought made in China ones)
Thank you!

TDikook

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'06 Golf Anthracite Blue
rule number one with TDIs. only let people work on them who KNOW what they are working on.

TDI
ALH 2003 Jetta
Thanks. The closest TDI trusted mechanic is 55 miles away from my home. I will tow my car to there this weekend.
In bay area, we have more than 100 famous top companies( apple, google, facebook, ebay, chervon.........) BUT we just have 5 TDI trusted mechanics around the whole area! Thank God, now more people are buying TDIs. Hope more TDI mechanics will be available over here.

Shenandoah

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon; 2005 Beetle; 2004 Jetta; 2002 Golf (three of them); 2002 Jetta Wagon; 2000 Audi TT->TDI; 1999 Beetle
2003Jetta,

You can check the alternator pulley by looking at the tensioner. If the tensioner is vibrating/moving back and forth, it's the alternator pulley. Either the pulley is bad or it has the incorrect (fixed type) on the alternator.

Eric

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
What's really scary is Nissan, Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, BMW, GM, and probably others are ALSO using over running clutched type alternator pulleys now, too. Some have been for years. So I pity anyone that has to rely on that shop for service. They need to get some training in technology of the last decade. :rolleyes: