BHW Vacuum Diagram

spartan

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat Wagon
I am fighting a serious limp mode issue and I would like to make sure that I have the vacuum lines running in the correct orientations. I do not have a diagram under my hood as the car was in an accident and received a new hood. If someone could post a pictures of theirs I would greatly appreciate it. From what I can tell my Passat is significantly different from my 05 BEW Jetta.

leicaman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2005 TDI GLS, RIP
I am fighting a serious limp mode issue and I would like to make sure that I have the vacuum lines running in the correct orientations. I do not have a diagram under my hood as the car was in an accident and received a new hood. If someone could post a pictures of theirs I would greatly appreciate it. From what I can tell my Passat is significantly different from my 05 BEW Jetta.
Getting those stickers is a hard one too. It took me six months to get my replacements after a deer hit required hood replacement. I ended up calling VWoA and complaining (at the time the car was under six months old).

50harleyrider

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 B5.5 TDI/geared BSM, BV43A turbo,stage 2 TDTUNING. 2005 5sp manual passat tdi stage 2 tdtuning,BSM delete. 2015 Passat TDI 6sp manual.
Let us know what you find out. My BHW seems to go limp way too often. I put a new N75 in it and all my vacuum lines appear tight with a new one from the N75 to the turbo. I checked each one individually wit my mighty vac too.I also cleaned the turbo VNT and it works freely. Check for coke buildup in your intake too.

Last edited:

spartan

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat Wagon
I have checked everything. I took it to a knowledgeable tdi mechanic last week. He feels that something is messed up with my VNT connections in the turbo. He adjusted the actuator to the point that he didn't feel comfortable messing with it any more. My N75 output test went from producing no change in boost to making 60 mbar. It should be making 150 mbar during the test. The only thing he suggested was to pull my turbo and check all the actuator/ VNT connections internally. It has only gone into limp mode once in the last week, much better than every 2 minutes. I literally double checked every potential cause that I had seen listed (N75, vacuum lines, MAP/MAF, new actuator, filters) and was still having problems.