erWin Online Questions

whiplash willy

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 4-Door Golf TDI 6MT w/NAV & Sunroof
I am thinking about getting a 1 day subscription to erWin Online, since Bentley doesn't have a MK6 Repair Manual yet. I had a couple of questions though for those who have used this tool before:

1. Is there a difference between https://[B]erwin[/B].volkswagen.de/ and erwin.vw.com/?

2. If I get a 1 day subscription, can I download and/or print all of the information I will need, so I can use it in the future, or can I only use that information for the duration of my subscription?

I am mostly looking for specific service procedures, and VCDS information.

Highline Driver

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline Sedan
Hi Willy,

I am not sure about your first question. I went to erwin.volkswagen.de/erwin/showHome.do

I think that I had to chose English. I paid around $7 for one hour and then started searching for anything I could find in the areas I wanted. I downloaded pdfs and did screen prints of things that weren't pdfs. I doubt you would need the whole day. I would start with an hour, then buy another hour if necessary.

Make sure you have a piece of software that gives you the ability to drag your cursor over the screen to highlight the area you want to copy and then make a snapshot of it. It you use a PC there are lots of free programs that do this. On a Mac just press Shift, Command & 4 at the same time and it will do the same thing.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
most of the information you can find right here or searching a few other sites.

whiplash willy

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 4-Door Golf TDI 6MT w/NAV & Sunroof
Thats cool, I didn't know I could get just an hour, I thought I needed to pay for the full day. I will have to give it a try!

Hi Willy,

I am not sure about your first question. I went to erwin.volkswagen.de/erwin/showHome.do

I think that I had to chose English. I paid around $7 for one hour and then started searching for anything I could find in the areas I wanted. I downloaded pdfs and did screen prints of things that weren't pdfs. I doubt you would need the whole day. I would start with an hour, then buy another hour if necessary.

Make sure you have a piece of software that gives you the ability to drag your cursor over the screen to highlight the area you want to copy and then make a snapshot of it. It you use a PC there are lots of free programs that do this. On a Mac just press Shift, Command & 4 at the same time and it will do the same thing.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
well you do have an engine/drive train from a Mk5 that has a mk6 skin on it. I guess it's up to what you want to do.

Just like a lot of Mk4 stuff applies to the Mk5, things change slightly but mostly stay the same.

CedarPark68

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Wagen
most of the information you can find right here or searching a few other sites.
I do not agree with this statement, in fact I hardly see anyone actually post true VW authored documents.

To be clear Bentley authors their own version.
To confuse things, Bentley will also be the same company that you would acquire the actual VW version from.

The answer the OP, you have to download and install Oracle RMI .... then you may print ONLY. You CANNOT SAVE.

A one day pass, a laser printer and plenty of paper is WORTH IT.