Video In Motion for US RNS-510

Robpol86

TDI
2010 JSW
Image does not work on my headunit, any ideas?
Some googling of that error leads to a couple of suggestions:
1) Change your clock hour mode to the one you're not using (if you're using 12-hour clock set it to 24-hour, or viceversa).

2) If that doesn't work, try applying the image without the key in your ignition.

Charlie22911

TDI
2011 GTI
Some googling of that error leads to a couple of suggestions:
1) Change your clock hour mode to the one you're not using (if you're using 12-hour clock set it to 24-hour, or viceversa).
2) If that doesn't work, try applying the image without the key in your ignition.
I will try it, but that last one is not an option, as I never have my key in the ignition (kessy) :eek:

Will report back!

forester77

TDI
2010 Golf TDI DSG
I just try'd this today and it loaded without a hitch for me. i have yet to go driving and plug in a DVD, will do that in the morning. On another note, how does one see what version I have? Holding the setup button only brings up diagnostics for the different radio bands ie: am/fm/sat etc...

ksing44

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
I just try'd this today and it loaded without a hitch for me. i have yet to go driving and plug in a DVD, will do that in the morning. On another note, how does one see what version I have? Holding the setup button only brings up diagnostics for the different radio bands ie: am/fm/sat etc...
For some, I think holding longer on the setup button gets to a second secret menu. In the next menu you can get to different views, one of which provides the version information. I didn't get the new secret menu and for me the VIM did not work either, so it will be interesting to see if you have VIM if you didn't get the new secret menu.

You can also get the information with a VCDS scan.

forester77

TDI
2010 Golf TDI DSG
@ksing44

On my way to work I popped in K19 DVD and started my drive to work, topped out at 55mph on the parkway and DVD played the whole time. I will see if holding down the setup button longer after the diag display will display the 3rd secret menu at lunch.

varianttdi

TDI
2010 Reflex JSW
V.I.M. is working for me, but I had a strange issue with 1 brand new dvd last night...
mind you that it is NEW I keep getting a cd/dvd error code. Works with old dvds just not that one.

forester77

TDI
2010 Golf TDI DSG
Worked!

@ksing44

On my way to work I popped in K19 DVD and started my drive to work, topped out at 55mph on the parkway and DVD played the whole time. I will see if holding down the setup button longer after the diag display will display the 3rd secret menu at lunch.

I held the setup button longer and did get the third menu! All kinds of goodies in there! Version info showed:

Delivery Part NumberL 3C0035684C
HW Ver: H06
SW Ver: 1000
SV SW Ver: C_NAR_9.422_t850
HW Veh: 0xC801

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-2QC-kybjPa8/Tk0KIXH_rZI/AAAAAAAAAC0/PZ391h7G2hQ/s640/photo%252520%2525281%252529.JPG

Last edited:

forester77

TDI
2010 Golf TDI DSG
May not be related.

V.I.M. is working for me, but I had a strange issue with 1 brand new dvd last night...
mind you that it is NEW I keep getting a cd/dvd error code. Works with old dvds just not that one.

I know that older DVD players and even Blu-Ray players for that matter cannot always play newer titles due to changes in the security features. If you read on the fine print of a blu-ray disk it states that info. You could always run the undo file on your unit and then try the disk again. That would be the only definite way to pin point it to the "hack". I highly doubt if the VIM program should it really only change the speed threshold affect the ability to play a DVD.

forester77

TDI
2010 Golf TDI DSG
Did you unzip the file?

When I download the .zip, I don't see a .iso file. What am I doing wrong?
Doing what your about to do, requires some computer know how. First a .zip (ZIP file) is a compression format that requires you to "unzip" the 1 file into this case multiple files. These two files will end in .iso to burn an .iso also known as an image file you must have a program that recognizes this and can properly do the burn to a CD-R. Windows 7 has built in .iso support and allows you to burn in quite easily onto a CD-R. Not sure if Vista has native support or not, all other older versions of windows will require you to install your own software to do this. If you simply drag and drop the .iso into an open window burn folder it will not work and you will get a cd/dvd error when you stick it in the head unit.

I suggest you start doing some serious research on what you are about to do, if you go down the road of wanting to "update" your NAV system to do cool things you had better have a good handle on how it all works otherwise you could end up owning a $1700 brick, meaning you could screw it up and while it may be fixable to a guru, you will be hard pressed to find folks able to diagnose your exact problem over the internet. Google is a GREAT resource, but as with all computers its garbage in garbage out, meaning unless you know what you are searching for and can successfully wade through the mounds of opinions and heresy to get the facts you are going to be in a world of hurt. This is called critical thinking and you are going to need a whole lot of it!

Last edited:

ksing44

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
Yahoo!!!

Mine worked!!!

Thanks to member "wxrtr7", who suggested retrying with a new DVD-R and burning at a slower speed. I had used an older cheap CD and it would automatically burn at 8x on my work PC. With the old CD it would seem to work fine loading, with all the screens and a success message at the end, but then no VIM or secret menu. Using Disk Utility on my iMac and the new DVD-R burned at 2x was the trick.

Now I have VIM and the secret menu!!!

Thanks again to wxtr7!!!

MrMojoinCO

TDI
09 VW Sportwagen TDI
Thanks a million for your help, you made it easy.. Every other post expects you to know so many things when they explane directions. Your the only one to explane it all together for the non-tech heads..Thank you !!
Jeff in Colorado

BarryT82

Veteran Member
TDI
‘12 JSW TDI
Does anyone have the VIM file that works with 1140? I updated my RNS-510 to 1140 and the file won't work with it. I got a message that said Downgrade Error. The file on the unit is newer than the file linked in this post.

Robpol86

TDI
2010 JSW
Does anyone have the VIM file that works with 1140? I updated my RNS-510 to 1140 and the file won't work with it. I got a message that said Downgrade Error. The file on the unit is newer than the file linked in this post.
I just read this on vwnavi:
Aseras said:
VIM does work HOWEVER, the bertoCD as is doesn't work. You have to copy the version.txt from this build and use the other files from the VIM unlock CD.
You can give that a shot. I'll be deciding if I want to update my unit to 1140 (I'm at 1040 right now). If I go through with it I will post my modified ISOs on my website and in the OP. Don't wait for me though, not sure when/if I'll do that.

Edit: I just got the 1140 ISO, this is the Version.txt mentioned:
Code:
--------------------------------------------
Software Loading CD for CP2 based units
(c) CONTINENTAL Wetzlar

CdTreeBuilder version 3.06 is used.
--------------------------------------------

#CD:P 0 0 5 . 2 8 0 . 2 0 1
#DATE:2011-04-12

#Project: VWRNS
#Author: RoNe
#Steckbrief: C_NAR_9.442_t950 C3/C4C/C6

#CommentStart:
This is a SWL CD for VW delivery.

#CommentEnd:

#Integrationphase: Delivery cw45/09 C3/C4C/C6-samples
#VwSwPartNumber:3C0035684C/7L6035684D/3C0035684D/7L6035684E
#VwSwIndex:1140/1142
#AppsBuild:C_NAR_9.442_t950 C3/C4C/C6

#CRC16:a0ae

Last edited:

Robpol86

TDI
2010 JSW
Okay well I tried to get the VIM cd to work with SW1140 after I updated mine but I could never get it to work. I tried replacing outright, modifying the original with the new versions included, nothing worked. It would just stall out on the "searching for SWL Image" screen. Luckily after I updated from 1040 to 1140 my VIM persisted.

Oh well.

tonymey

TDI
2012 Passat TDI
Worked great on my 2012 Passat TDI SEL, took about 45 seconds and it came back with "Success". The key thing here is how you burn the ISO image ;)

TKat13

TDI
2012 Passat SEL
Worked for mine, Passat TDI SEL, delivered on 6/8/12 in Dallas.

I did not start the car. Took less than a minute to complete. (My wife was nervous)

Gambac

TDI
2012 Skoda Superb 2.0
I have SOFTWARE DOWNGRADE ERROR (010304) on Skoda Superb 2012, 3T0035680E, HW H64, SW 4024. Will be some upgrade of VIM for this version?

GregoryB

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2006, Platinum Grey, Package2, DSG, VAG-COM
Call me a chicken. My readings are HW H61, SW 3690. 2012 Tiguan Premium Navigation and Dynaudio.

Has anyone else with these SW and HW versions had success?

TDI
2012 Passat TDI
Help

I am new to this thread. I have tried all that everyone has recommended and I still cannot get video in motion unlocked. I have a 2012 brand new Passat TDI with the newest software. The message comes up as successful, but it does not work. Suggestions?

Gambac

TDI
2012 Skoda Superb 2.0
I have SOFTWARE DOWNGRADE ERROR (010304) on Skoda Superb 2012, 3T0035680E, HW H64, SW 4024. Will be some upgrade of VIM for this version?
After hard reset (eject + star + setup[FONT=&quot][/FONT] buttons) unlock without problems and VIM works :)

tc1uscg

Veteran Member
TDI
SOLD TO VW
Worked for mine, Passat TDI SEL, delivered on 6/8/12 in Dallas.

I did not start the car. Took less than a minute to complete. (My wife was nervous)
Tried but got the ERROR 010304 SWL can not proceed.

Looks like it was trying to downgrade and wouldn't.
Hung for bit and freaked me out. Bricking a 1600 system on a 1 week old 2013 Passat isn't my way to spend a sunday. :mad:

HW Ver: H02
SW Ver: 3696 (might be my issue)
MAP Ver: 7870

phlfly

Banned
TDI
Passat SEL
Just tried and didn't work. The image below the error. Anyone help?