What did you do to your MK7 today?

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
I installed the $19.99 Amazon Basics seat heater yesterday (takes about a minute) and used it for the first time this morning in my S trim GSW. It took longer than the factory heated seats in my GTI S to fully warm up (about 5 mins vs just a couple in the very fast GTI) but it was VERY toasty once it did. I had it on the HIGH setting for about 15 mins then had to switch to low. It’s easily worth $20 IMHO:

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
I installed the $19.99 Amazon Basics seat heater yesterday (takes about a minute) and used it for the first time this morning in my S trim GSW. It took longer than the factory heated seats in my GTI S to fully warm up (about 5 mins vs just a couple in the very fast GTI) but it was VERY toasty once it did. I had it on the HIGH setting for about 15 mins then had to switch to low. It’s easily worth $20 IMHO:

Nice! It just plugs into the 12v lighter for power I take it? Doesn't look bad at all either. Thanks for sharing

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
I assume this is a VCDS tweak(?) Please share how-to.
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=5321199&postcount=18

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...g-com-2857893/
I believe that worked fine for instruction for me.
"Correct Fuel consumption in DIS (C7): (Revised)
[17-Instruments]
[Coding - 07] > [Adaptation - 10]
Scroll down about 20 items in the drop down list until you see something like fuel consumption adaptation - change the value from 100 to higher or lower:
Example - if your DIS is consistently off by 7% to your actual calculated mpg:
You RAISE the number to the percentage if DIS is OVER reporting mpg (i.e. 107)
You LOWER the number to the percentage if DIS is UNDER reporting mpg (i.e. 93)"

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I'm going to do that...when I get my ECU back from Jeff. He's updating the tune. Car's sitting dead in the garage.

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm going to do that...when I get my ECU back from Jeff. He's updating the tune. Car's sitting dead in the garage.
I guess one good thing we have going for us is, for those that have removed to send out on earlier generations, we don't have to remove panel, drill out rivets and remove extra secure silly case to get the damn thing out! :D:D Been there, done that, twice! and happy to never do it again.

Looking forward to some feedback on the update. *Did Jeff end up getting into one of the stop-sale cars just like the rest of us lucky peeps in here?

Last edited:

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Jeff owns a 2015 DSG GSW, just like me. And that makes me VERY happy... lol. Btw still loving my DSG tune.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Aaron, how are you going to handle warranty work with the DSG tune, or has Jeff figured out a way to hide it?

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
Well that is awesome! His tune for my 09 (which he also owned) was fantastic. On the DSG tune, did it add gear indicator to the MFD?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
There is no gear indicator just like stock. It still shows what gear you are in if you slip the stalk into the manual gate which is what I do if I want to know which gear I am currently in.

Warranty work will be dealt with if Needed. First call will be to Jeff to determine best procedure. I Have already added 15k miles since I purchased the car in Late April so any B2B isn't going to last much longer anyways (if it already isnt over for mileage, I have to look at my paperwork to remember what the B2B warranty coverage was for mileage...).

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
B2B is 3/36
Drivetrain components other than those in the 11/162 are 5/60. That would include the transmission, which isn’t covered under the 11/162 (I think :)).

Last edited:

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
...Warranty work will be dealt with if Needed. First call will be to Jeff to determine best procedure. I Have already added 15k miles since I purchased the car in Late April so any B2B isn't going to last much longer anyways (if it already isnt over for mileage, I have to look at my paperwork to remember what the B2B warranty coverage was for mileage...).
B2B was 3/36 IIRC. We got ours with 22K on the clock so there was still 1/14 left, but it was a VW CPO, so that added 2/20 to the B2B. I'll have to check about the 5/60 powertrain warranty that Blue_Hen_TDI mentioned.

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
B2B is 3/36
Drivetrain components other than those in the 11/162 are 5/60. That would include the transmission, which isn’t covered under the 11/162 (I think :)).
Here is the extended warranty info anyone with the Stop-Sale MY15 TDI's should have received. I had a hard copy with my paperwork but I know some didn't get it. Regardless, it's a nice refresher.

--------------------------------------------

Extended Emissions Warranty
Coverage
For the following Volkswagen 2.0 L TDI engine vehicles repaired by
the emissions modification recall, a warranty extension is applicable
as defined below.
- 2015 MY Beetle with engine code CVCA
- 2015 MY Beetle Convertible with engine code CVCA
- 2015 MY Golf with engine code CRUA
- 2015 MY Golf SportWagen with engine code CRUA
- 2015 MY Jetta with engine code CVCA
- 2015 MY Passat with engine code CVCA
Warranty Period
The warranty period for the “Extended Emissions Warranty” limited
warranty extension shall be the greater of:
- 11 years or 162,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from
the vehicle’s original in-service date; OR
- 5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the
date and mileage of Phase 1 of the emissions modification.
At the time of the subsequent Phase 2 modification, the
extended warranty will be honored for 5 years or 60,000
miles, whichever occurs first, from the date and mileage of
the completion of Phase 2.
The vehicle’s original in-service date is defined as the date the vehicle
was delivered to either the original purchaser or the original lessee; or
if the vehicle was first placed in service as a “demonstrator” or
“company” car, on the date such vehicle was first placed in service.
Parts Covered Under Extended Warranty
The emissions system warranty shall cover the following parts or
systems:
- The entire exhaust after treatment system, including the Diesel
Oxidation Catalyst, the Diesel Particulate Filter, the Selective
Catalytic Reduction converter, the dosing injector and other Diesel
Exhaust Fluid system components, the exhaust flap, and all sensors
and actuators
- The entire fuel system, including fuel pumps, high pressure fuel rail,
fuel injectors, vibration damper, pressure control valve and all
sensors and actuators
- The EGR system, including EGR valves, EGR cooler, EGR filter, EGR
temperature sensor, all related hoses and pipes, and all sensors
and actuators
- The turbocharger, including the turbocharger damper
- The On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) system, including SCR DEF quality
sensor, and any malfunctions detected by the OBD systems other
than those related to the transmission.

Additionally, the engine long block warranty shall cover the engine
sub-assembly that consists of the assembled block, crankshaft, cylinder
head, camshaft, and valve train.

The extended emissions warranty includes parts, labor, and applicable
taxes. The extended emissions warranty shall not void or supersede any
existing warranty. Conflicts concerning the warranty are to be resolved
in favor of the consumer.

More information about your extended emissions warranty coverage is
available at www.vwdiesellookup.com and in the customer letter we sent to you in January 2017.

------------------------------------------------------

With all that said, I'm sad to hear there is no Gear indicator added, that is something that was a bonus when we had the old DSG tunes on the MK5/6. I know there is a user on another forum that mentioned adding "Audi code to show gear indicator in MFD" so maybe I'll bug them directly (PM) to find out what/how he did it. We already know that "slush box" auto tranny folks can easily, with VCDS, add them to theirs so maybe we'll see it later from our custom tune folks.

For the warranty work question, my ONLY hesitation with DSG update is implications once we, if we so choose to, go in for the second portion of the fix. We're definitely going to see hardware and most likely ECU changes with that BUT there could be changes to DSG as well. They updated the DSG with the Gen 1 and 2 "fixed" cars that were on the road and the implications for cars that had DSG flash mismatches were not good. Some cars just had to stay with dealers because the couldn't get the new DSG code flashed and I'm not sure but I believe the transmission was inoperable. Dealers couldn't do anything about it.... I'll chat with a tech buddy for more clarification.

I'm still a little confused as to if we "have to" take our new cars back for phase 2. Kind of thinking that if we don't then we simply lose out on the additional 5yr/60k emissions warranty extension AND the supposedly more durable parts they are replacing. Are there any additional perks to taking cars back? Is there a mandate that we do? Does anyone even know? Lol :D

Alright, that is long enough for 1 post, just to stay on topic, today I put a "My Child is on Honor Roll" bumper sticker on the window of my GSW. It's coming off tomorrow by my junior higher is embarrassed that I did it, so that's exactly why I did. Ha ha

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Considering this is my first automatic TDI I never even inquired about adding the Gear selection in the display. I am so used to looking at my tach and comparing it against my speed, I can almost always guess which gear the DSG is in at any speed/RPM combo.

My guess is the next time I see Jeff, I can ask and he will be able to add this "feature" if there isnt a way to do it thru VCDS.

Oh yeah, Today, I paid the car off. so there's that. Feels good.

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
Considering this is my first automatic TDI I never even inquired about adding the Gear selection in the display. I am so used to looking at my tach and comparing it against my speed, I can almost always guess which gear the DSG is in at any speed/RPM combo.

My guess is the next time I see Jeff, I can ask and he will be able to add this "feature" if there isnt a way to do it thru VCDS.

Oh yeah, Today, I paid the car off. so there's that. Feels good.
Yeah, it was par for the course in the earlier DSG tunes from all the tuners, RC included so I'm sure it's just not on the options yet.

Congrats on the pay off!

amitsekhon

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI,,,,,, 2010 X535D Diesel ,,,,,,,,,,,, 2002 Jetta manual TDI ALH (Sold)
I know there is a user on another forum that mentioned adding "Audi code to show gear indicator in MFD" so maybe I'll bug them directly (PM) to find out what/how he did it.
Here is my post showing pic of gear indicator that's shown on my MFD after i flashed it with audi firmware.

I flashed my DSG with older firmware at the same time when i reverted back to pre-diesel gate software.I didn't like the throttle response of pre diesel gate software.It was too slow to accelerate from a stop.I flashed 'fixed software' back.Fuel economy is almost same,engine noise is almost same.Two things i felt on fixed software are:
1)Better throttle response at low rpms.Car felt more peppier.
2)More frequent regens.Before i was getting approx 400 kms between regens and now approx 300 kms on the same route.
3)Absolutly same dyno numbers with both firmwares(pre and post).Tested both firmwares back to back and car was flashed while sitting on the dyno.Both firmwares produced almost exact HP and torque.

Last edited:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Got may ECU back with the updated tune from Rocketchip. Big improvement. Response on tip-in is far better, a place where I find the new cars weak compared to older rotary pump TDIs. Responsiveness and acceleration in top gear is also significantly improved. And if you get into it in the lower gears the car really scoots. I'm impressed. And I'm sure it'll only get better as I add miles. At 3,500 now.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
So, Peter, you're not planning on ever having to worry about taking advantage of the 11 year/160K mile warranty? Or can Jeff easily revert the tune?

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Not worried about it. If I did want to take the car in for warranty work, Jeff can put it back to stock. But I doubt I will. Last time I took a car to a dealer for service, warranty or otherwise, was in 2004.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
Roger that! I'll probably be getting Jeff's DSG tune, but leaving the ECU stock until I see if the TDI community reports any major problems with the emissions gear.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Here is my post showing pic of gear indicator that's shown on my MFD after i flashed it with audi firmware.

I flashed my DSG with older firmware at the same time when i reverted back to pre-diesel gate software.
Can you explain how you did this? I'm guessing this required a bit more than VCDS (?).

amitsekhon

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI,,,,,, 2010 X535D Diesel ,,,,,,,,,,,, 2002 Jetta manual TDI ALH (Sold)
Can you explain how you did this? I'm guessing this required a bit more than VCDS (?).
No you can't use VCDS to flash any ECU.Its just a diagnostic tool.
Flashing bact to previous version needs VW factory hardware interface like VAS6154 and VW factory software.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
I didn't think that there were any "slushboxes" in any of the MK VIIs??

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
GTD1752vrk (stock turbo from BMW 328d) is installed and running! Took exactly one month after receiving the kit to get everything ironed out as there were customizations needed. The oil return on the CRUA vs CJAA is very different and the oil feed also needed a different fitting on the block-end to get around the balance shaft. Not necessarily plug and play, but there really aren't any other alternatives out there for anyone that wants to upgrade the turbo on this car. The CR190 (GTD1449vz) is prone to boost creep and no longer recommended, though it is a mostly direct swap.

There will be some adjustments to the tune, but in it's current stage 2 form the car feels very strong!

St.Hubbins

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf, DSG / '11 A3, DSG (both went buyback) - '15 GSW SE
did this yesterday, and i have to admit i'm not noticing a difference yet. i haven't taken her on the twisty roads yet, so no rush to judgement.

i read somewhere else someone was able to change the percentage of assist from 100% to 60%... is this possible in this controller module?

Added some resistance to the steering input feel with the Dynamic steering assistance mode via VCDS. Found this one over in the GSW forum on Vortex.

Select Steering Assist 44
Security Access -> Function 16
Enter Access code 19249
Select Adaptation -> function 10
Channel - > Characteristic curve of steering assistance
Select the steering assistance characteristic: Comfort: Steering is smooth / comfortable, Automatic: steering depending of the driving profile, Driving Profile selection button / default value on my 15 GSW S (*which I think means it NEVER changed from comfort or some arbitrary setting since we don't have the button. Apparently it would change on the AllTrack, 4Motion, Golf, GTI, R or other versions when the S mode was engaged), Dynamic: steering is taut / sporty value can be adapted accordingly.

yyamad1

TDI
2015 GSW SE 6M x 2
Picked up my second 2015 GSW TDI 6M :)

In process of selling back 3 JSW to dealer, 1 is gone already.
I just drove back from Stratham NH to Chicago about 1050miles on a used 2015 GSW 60k on odo 6M. When I arrived at the dealer and saw the car, I was a bit disappointed, lots of scratches, dirty, curb rash, window chip, etc etc etc...
But I wasnt gonna go home (one way ticket) and it drove just fine so took it.
Last 4hrs in rain today (wipers were already torn and didnt do that great in cleaning the window). Tough long long day. Anyways, I rarely post but I come here and learn fairly often. My other 2015 GSW is also 6M but only has 8k. Mint compared to 60k one... one will be used for work so I wasnt too concerned about scratches etc.
time for bed!

chilichili

TDI
2000 Jetta SOLD, 2005.5 Jetta SOLD, 2015 GSW
Installed custom fit sheepskin seat covers. I haven't tested to see if the seat heaters wont effectively send heat through them, but I'm optimistic since the highest level is very hot. I'm a commercial pilot and have really appreciated the sheepskins they use in my Boeing,so I wanted to give this a shot.