Additional CCM coding and configurations with VDS Pro

DucMike

Veteran Member
TDI
none
I recall reading at some point that you had run across coding that would allow the sunroof & power windows to function untill the last door is closed, as opposed to when the first door is opened. I was wondering if you had re-aquired that code location/combination & if you could post or pm it to me. That's another tweek I'd like to do to my car, assuming I can even access my CCM, that is. I still need to borrow my buddy's laptop & download VDS Pro first.

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
DucMike said:
I recall reading at some point that you had run across coding that would allow the sunroof & power windows to function untill the last door is closed, as opposed to when the first door is opened. I was wondering if you had re-aquired that code location/combination & if you could post or pm it to me. That's another tweek I'd like to do to my car, assuming I can even access my CCM, that is. I still need to borrow my buddy's laptop & download VDS Pro first.
About this, I tried the address that I thought that it was, and what I did is to lock somehow the access to my ccm... i guess that I disabled something related to the can-bus... so maybe now I have to the 86s signal to be able to iniitate a diagnostics session...right now I can't... so I stopped digging in that at the time that vds-pro closed the session (I could never connect again). As always, I will try to fix-it ASAP... but I am in the middle of the manual to automatic (tiptronic) transition, a bit bussy.

BTW, Marry Chritsmas to all of you ;)

DucMike

Veteran Member
TDI
none
There is no real hurry on getting that info. I'll have access to my buddy's computer pretty much whenever I need it & I have a feeling that once I start mucking about in my CCM, he'll probably get the itch to join in on the fun. Good luck on your task & again, thank you very much for all the help you've provided to myself & the others on this thread.

:D Happy Holidays to one and all! :D

Coincoin

TDI
G4 TDI 115
Hello,
I have a comfort module 1J0 959 799 AH and I would like to know how I can activate the alarm.
I saw the addresses 04281, 04287 and 04293 but instead of 0 or 1 there is 255. I tried to write 1 to activate the alarm but it failed.

How can I do?

Thanks.[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
Coincoin said:
Hello,
I have a comfort module 1J0 959 799 AH and I would like to know how I can activate the alarm.
I saw the addresses 04281, 04287 and 04293 but instead of 0 or 1 there is 255. I tried to write 1 to activate the alarm but it failed.

How can I do?

Thanks.[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
So, what did you do exactly? Does your car have stock alarm and you replaced the horn with backup horn (electronic siren = DWA)? Or your car doesn't have stock alarm, you wired the siren, hood sensor and want to activate the alarm?

Coincoin

TDI
G4 TDI 115
Hello,

Sorry,

My car doesn't have stock alarm, i wired the siren, hood sensor,changed the comfort module(my car did not have remote central locking) and want to activate the alarm.
The siren is ok, i have bip when i close or open the car.

My car :
Golf iv TDI115
Previous module : 1J0 959 799 Q
The new module : 1J0 959 799 AH

Thanks

Last edited:

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
Coincoin said:
Hello,

Sorry,

My car doesn't have stock alarm, i wired the siren, hood sensor,changed the comfort module(my car did not have remote central locking) and want to activate the alarm.
The siren is ok, i have bip when i close or open the car.

My car :
Golf iv TDI115
Previous module : 1J0 959 799 Q
The new module : 1J0 959 799 AH

Thanks
Ok, so you have electronic siren? or just the 2 wires horn?

Anyway, there are several values to change:

To activate the alarm in your CCM:
- read out value at address 4281. It will normally have value of '1'
- if it is 1, then the new value will be 255 (or $FF in hex format); if it is any other value, just make 0 the Least Significant Bit... (a shortcut is to substract 1, but if the last bit is not one, then it will create a problem)... Hmmm, using the calc of your computer, convert the value that you have to binary, and add '0'es on the left until you have 8 digits... then take the last one and, if it is '1', then make it '0'...
- Write the resulting value (255 or the calculation result) at addresses: 4281, 4287 and 4293.

To activate DWA siren, in the event of having it:
- Read the value at address 4285
- If the value is 255, then the new value will be 112
- Otherwise, convert it to binary, complete until you have 8 digits, and change to '1' the 3rd bit, starting on the left... the 5th bit starting on the right... Convert to decimal again and...
- Write the resulting value (112 or the calculated) at addresses 4285, 4291 and 4297

Please feedback... if you have any issue, just return to the original values and let me know. Good luck.

DucMike

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Arrrrrgh! I need to get off my butt & see if my CCM has been locked down by the KVW100 mod I did a year or so ago. With any luck, it's not. I really would like to finish up the alarm mod I picked up.

Coincoin

TDI
G4 TDI 115
I have electronic siren,and have activate it (with "112") and it's ok.

But for the alarm,
My original value is "255" at the addresses: 4281, 4287 and 4293
I try to put "1" but no result.

Last edited:

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
Coincoin said:
I have electronic siren,and have activate it (with "112") and it's ok.

But for the alarm,
My original value is "255" at the addresses: 4281, 4287 and 4293
I try to put "1" but no result.
Ok, try value 0 at addresses 4281, 4287 and 4293...

Anyway, with 255 I believe that the alarm is activated... if it doesn't go off, it will require little investigation... for instance, go to measure blocks with vag-com and find the channel where "hood sensor" is... then check if it says: Not installed, open or closed... that is the first step... Verify that it works... Does your trunk behave properly? The alarm will not get activated if any of the doors (or the hood) is not properly recognised as closed...

Coincoin

TDI
G4 TDI 115
Ok i will try,

The doors, trunk and the hood are properly recognised as closed
becaus my warning are flashing when i close the car,
if i open the hood and try to close the car, my warnings do not blink.
My car's trunk behave properly.

i will try to put "0" at the adresses.

Last edited:

Coincoin

TDI
G4 TDI 115
Hello

I try value 0 at addresses 4281, 4287 and 4293
and nothing has changed, the alarm still does not work.

Have I something else to modify with VDS Pro, or VAGCom ?
Is it possible that my module does not have the good function ?

In Vag Com I have found a few quirks
Module 46 I have :
Group09 :
Interior Monitor : Not Installed
Group10 :
Trunk Lock : Not Open
Group11 :
Hood Radio sw : Closed
Trunk latch sw : Closed
Sunroof Sync : Yes (I have not sunroof ?)
Group14 :
Interior Monitor : Not Installed
Group16 :
Auto Int Lock sw : Not Oper.

How can i see if my module et configured for a Golf iv ?

Thanks

Last edited:

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
Hi, in my last post before the outage of the server, I just said that I was not aware about your interior monitoring... so the values from Spanish golf that I gave to you, do not include the interior monitoring... I have read that all that worked before still works, but no alarm...

Ok, I suggested a small modification, regarding addresses 4281, 4287 and 4293... replace 255 with 8. This will enable interior monitoring... I also asked you to check the measure blocks to verify that the interior monitoring appears as enabled. If you want your alarm to get activated as you close your car with the key, then write 12 instead of 8... with 8 the alarm will only turn on if you close with the remote.

Hope this helps! Good luck again!

Coincoin

TDI
G4 TDI 115
Hello,
the alarm works with the interior monitoring.
I changed the values with 136.(as you said before the outage of the server)
And I saw with Vag Com that the monitofing was no longer on "not installed" but on "off".
I tested but nothing happened.
I went back to Vag Com module 46 adaptation and the adress 5 had appeared.
I wrote 1 for the value (which was at 0). And now everything does work.

Do I still put the value 8 instead of 136 ?

But in any case thank you very much for having spent so much time to help me.​

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
Coincoin said:
Hello,
the alarm works with the interior monitoring.
I changed the values with 136.(as you said before the outage of the server)
And I saw with Vag Com that the monitofing was no longer on "not installed" but on "off".
I tested but nothing happened.
I went back to Vag Com module 46 adaptation and the adress 5 had appeared.
I wrote 1 for the value (which was at 0). And now everything does work.

Do I still put the value 8 instead of 136 ?

But in any case thank you very much for having spent so much time to help me.​
If you still want to test it, 136 = 128 + 8... 8 activates interior monitoring... 128 is to disable the alarm with inmo recognition by the tacho... but as your car does not link the CCM with the tacho, it may not work... (actually, if you open your car with the key, the alarm might not be disconnecting and will go off... only with remote) If you want to keep it like that, then it is ok; if you want your alarm to be disconnected when you open the car using the key, then write 8.

Another thing is about the adaptation channel 5... it means if you want to enable the alarm in the event that the car is closed using the key (not the remote)... Tell me that until now you were closing your car with the remote... otherwise it would explain why your alarm was not working until now...

Coincoin

TDI
G4 TDI 115
i have make a mistake, if adaptation channel 5 is at "0" it's ok too.

and i always opened and closed the car with the remote

I will write value 8 at the addresses

Thanks again all is ok now:cool:

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
Coincoin said:
i have make a mistake, if adaptation channel 5 is at "0" it's ok too.

and i always opened and closed the car with the remote

I will write value 8 at the addresses

Thanks again all is ok now:cool:
Good news then ;) I am happy to hear that you will close this subject in your mind, hehe... I know how one feels when something like this is around during too much time ;)

By the way, changing adaptation channel 5 is like adding or substracting +4 at 4281, 4287 and 4293... Once that you change the value to 8, when you enable channel 5 with vag-com, you will read 12 at 4281, 4287 and 4293... If you disable with vag-com, you will read 8 again... that's maybe why you now read 0 on channel 5, although you left that bit with "1" the last time ;)

Last edited:

boubou93

TDI
TDI 100
madelgado said:
Good news then ;) I am happy to hear that you will close this subject in your mind, hehe... I know how one feels when something like this is around during too much time ;)

By the way, changing adaptation channel 5 is like adding or substracting +4 at 4281, 4287 and 4293... Once that you change the value to 8, when you enable channel 5 with vag-com, you will read 12 at 4281, 4287 and 4293... If you disable with vag-com, you will read 8 again... that's maybe why you now read 0 on channel 5, although you left that bit with "1" the last time ;)
Hi i have the same ccm but interior monitor don't work: 4281 4287 4293 -> 8 Ok; but measure block is off. what's the value for activate these?

Last edited:

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
boubou93 said:
Hi i have the same ccm but interior monitor don't work: 4281 4287 4293 -> 8 Ok; but measure block is off. what's the value for activate these?
Off is ok... while connected with vag-com, pull the key out of the ignition (the session will not disconnect... the CCM is a special module that keeps the session even if you switch ignition off)... then close the car, wait for some seconds and move yourself in the interior of the car (all doors closed, etc, so that the alarm activates)... You should see how that value changes on - off - on - off ... as you move inside...

If the interior monitoring is not properly activated, it would say "Not installed".

Hope this helps.

boubou93

TDI
TDI 100
madelgado said:
Off is ok... while connected with vag-com, pull the key out of the ignition (the session will not disconnect... the CCM is a special module that keeps the session even if you switch ignition off)... then close the car, wait for some seconds and move yourself in the interior of the car (all doors closed, etc, so that the alarm activates)... You should see how that value changes on - off - on - off ... as you move inside...

If the interior monitoring is not properly activated, it would say "Not installed".

Hope this helps.
Hello madelgado,
I try(essay), that this weekend, but I also have a code defect 00 35 Open Circuit, I did not install(settle) the switch deactivation!
Can be is it the problem?!

Zapjackson

TDI
Jetta
So for those of you who have had problems with your DWA freaking out I think I have found the cause of the problem. I had a hard time figuring out the problem and figured it was a wiring issue since my CCM kept giving me a code which was 01134 049 Sporadic Signal Error. I then replaced my horn 2 times under parts warranty from 1stvwparts, and it kept going. So as I was looking under my dash panels trying to figure out the OEM leveling wiring, I noticed my CCM signal wire was completely uncoiled, and it looked as if I had chewed the wire. I routed the wires through the firewal next to the brake booster, and it seemed fine, but I guess this was not a good location. I replaced the wires, and now my old "defective" siren works completely fine. Im so happy I got it working again because the siren was probably the coolest mod I have done to my car yet.

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
What is open circuit? of course the wiring has to be ok... I don't think that the disconnection button is the root of the open circuit..., since what it does it to manually introduce a GND pulse into the interior monitoring trigger pin... so that when you haven't still locked your car (alarm-on), the driver's door is open and there is a LOW pulse on that pin, the CCM won't activate the interior monitoring... as simple as that.

Wiring is not so complicated... you can pull the sensors out of the roof socket and test pin by pin the wiring to the CCM... That's my first recommendation until the "open-circuit" DTC goes away.

Zapjackson, I didn't have a chance to verify what is the way that the siren is wired in a stock one, since all the passats that I saw here with alarm came with the "horrible horn"... but I have a guess... when I have installed the automatic gearbox, there is a firewall on the left of the steering column that has some big holes for thick packed wires, and a lot of single-wire holes... I would bet that it is the original path for the siren at least for passat 3b/3bg, same routing as wiper wires... At least this would be safe

Zapjackson

TDI
Jetta
Well I lied folks...that did not fix my internal battery from going haywire. Or so I thought it was the internal battery. Now im not so sure. I did take a plunge and opened up the entire siren since I most likely need another one. Please be aware that the battery was disconnected from its tabs that were soldered to the circuit bord in the pic.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3430/3363473237_5aa61e2e46_o.jpg

So theres the inside of the DWA. It uses 6 Varta V150h batteries in an 2x3 configuration with 4 tabs on each side of the cell pack.

Now I need to figure out what is causing the DWA to freak out and die. I hooked my siren up to a non fused 12v+ source and I am thinking that this is my problem. Which port on the CCM is a fused 12v+ source?

My codes from my CCM are 01134 049 which is Alarm Horn - no communication. Thats the only code that has been popping up.

Last edited:

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
I am really curious to know why these DWA are dying when installed in USA cars... Everytime that I read about another died DWA is there... I have installed here 12 or 15 DWAs, all of them used, bought from eBay... and all of them are still working like the first day for 2 - 3 years (including my own DWA)... Really really curious...

I offered myself to Lito, long time ago, to get one of these died DWAs and do a post-mortem on it to know what is the root cause of the DWA death, but I got no answer... I still offer myself to do this investigation to anyone who wants to send me the DWA to Spain... in the worst case I will have no results... on the best case, I will fix the DWA and I will return it back...

Zapjackson

TDI
Jetta
madelgado said:
I am really curious to know why these DWA are dying when installed in USA cars... Everytime that I read about another died DWA is there... I have installed here 12 or 15 DWAs, all of them used, bought from eBay... and all of them are still working like the first day for 2 - 3 years (including my own DWA)... Really really curious...

I offered myself to Lito, long time ago, to get one of these died DWAs and do a post-mortem on it to know what is the root cause of the DWA death, but I got no answer... I still offer myself to do this investigation to anyone who wants to send me the DWA to Spain... in the worst case I will have no results... on the best case, I will fix the DWA and I will return it back...
I would be happy to send mine to spain with a disconnected battery. The only thing I can think of is the LOck mechanisms. On pre 2002 cars it takes a while for the horn to actually activate, while the CCM checks to make sure the doors are locked (guessing). Post 2002 cars do not do this. They immediately sound the horn when you press lock. Because these newer cars do not have the problem of the siren dieing, and this is my only guess. But then again the newer cars have a different CCM. Maybe its just the US CCMs causing the problem?

madelgado

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat 3BG 2001
Zapjackson said:
I would be happy to send mine to spain with a disconnected battery. The only thing I can think of is the LOck mechanisms. On pre 2002 cars it takes a while for the horn to actually activate, while the CCM checks to make sure the doors are locked (guessing). Post 2002 cars do not do this. They immediately sound the horn when you press lock. Because these newer cars do not have the problem of the siren dieing, and this is my only guess. But then again the newer cars have a different CCM. Maybe its just the US CCMs causing the problem?
Well, I modified a bit in my CCM and the access address changed from 0x46 to 0x35... even the part number changed... I thought that I lost the module, but one day, using the "module finder" in my car, it came out at address 0x35... btw, with different part number. The exact bit I don't know, since I lost communication and I forgot about it... and I didn't have a chance, since I found it at 0x35, to take the old laptop to the car and re-read the bytes...

The fact is that before (p/n: 1C0 959 799B, at address 0x46) it took a while to beep when locking... but right after the "mistake", the alarm beeps inmediatly (like you describe)... (same box, but with p/n: 1C0 962 258 B, at address 0x35).

Could you confirm if the ones that beeps quicly have the CCM at address 0x35 or 0x46?

Zapjackson

TDI
Jetta
madelgado said:
Well, I modified a bit in my CCM and the access address changed from 0x46 to 0x35... even the part number changed... I thought that I lost the module, but one day, using the "module finder" in my car, it came out at address 0x35... btw, with different part number. The exact bit I don't know, since I lost communication and I forgot about it... and I didn't have a chance, since I found it at 0x35, to take the old laptop to the car and re-read the bytes...

The fact is that before (p/n: 1C0 959 799B, at address 0x46) it took a while to beep when locking... but right after the "mistake", the alarm beeps inmediatly (like you describe)... (same box, but with p/n: 1C0 962 258 B, at address 0x35).

Could you confirm if the ones that beeps quicly have the CCM at address 0x35 or 0x46?
Well I know that at 0x46 is the Comfort module, and 0x35 is the central locking. From what I gather, and from a few GL models(manual windows, no sunroof) I have worked on, they are all at address 0x35. Now the newer models I am speaking of should be at 0x46 too. But all 2002+ cars have a different CCM, which speaks with the cluster, and I am positive that they are at address 0x46.

Anyone who has done the DWA siren on a 2002+ car should be able to tell us whether they have the CCM at address 0x35 or 0x46. I have not worked much with these newer cars and all my VWs are pre 2001 and have the 1J0 CCMs. I did install a DWA in a 2002+ 1C0 CCM and the guy has not had problem at all and that was almost 2 years ago!

When the sirens freak out and go off, it ONLY happens when I lock the doors with the remote. IF I lock the doors with my key in the door, the siren beeps immediately, and doesnt cause a problem. A siren has never freaked out when I lock my key through the door, only when I use my remote. I have strong belief that this IS the cause of the problem, I have a feeling that the CCM checks to make sure that all the doors are locked before it beeps the siren, but does not do this if you put the key in the door to lock.

It would be helpful to know which bit you messed around with and if it affected anything.

P.S. I forgot to mention that the siren does not start acting weird until about a few months after the install. Then it starts beeping loudly when I lock my car, and I am not able to deactivate it. It then shuts off after a few seconds of pressing the unlock button. The panic/alarm does not activate because the lights do not flash when this happens. It does it several times over a month until the last time where the siren just keeps beeping for about 3 minutes. It then stops beeping and does not work after that.

Last edited:

begol

TDI
Golf4 115tdi
Hello Madelgado.. I have been following your work in CCM for years now..
Since the auto-windows roll up. I´m from Portugal and I have a couple of questions if you can help..
My car is a Golf4 tdi from 2002 and my CCM is 1C0959799B.
I have alarm in the doors hood and trunk but not interior monitoring. That means that if someone break a glass in the car it just won´t trigger the alarm. I was thinking of buying a couple of ultrasonic sensor and wire them to CCM so I could try to activate later interior monitoring. Is that possible? And where do I connect them?

The second question is kind of a challenge. In my golf when I close the door, the lights inside, dim and fade to off softly. All ok. What I would like, was the feature like I´ve seen in some Audi´s: When you open the door you will get the opposite efect, the interior lights get on very dim and slowly get strong to fully on. In my golf, when you open the door, they will get straight on with no dim. I believe that would be some CCM coding also, right?

Kind regards from Portugal.

Last edited: