Zippy's Trek Xcountry!

HardKnockJetta

TDI
1999 A4 Jetta
Zippy, glad you made it out here to the golden state. Silver ghost is right, stay out of east palo alto. It puts the "G" in Ghetto. I work in palo alto, commuting from san jose. I just bought my jetta tdi used, and I was amazed at how few shops out here service our cars. Lots say they do, but when I asked them a few technical questions about the timing belt service that they couldnt answer, I quickly discovered that I'd be better off buying or renting the special tools and doing the work myself. Thank god for orange hand cleaner.:cool:

Anyways if you need any used spares you can buy them from Specialized German Recycling in rancho cordova (just above sacramento) heres their web site: http://www.specializedgerman.com/

Make sure to have lunch or dinner at Zucca European on Bryant between Hamilton and University. Tasty Treats!

-C

jessica_rabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Silver Manual Jetta Wagon (sold) *@*
Gald you made it Zippy!

Hi Zippy!
Sorry I couldn't be there to send you off and to hear about your troubles on the road but glad you made it to your destination alright. Just to think of it this way, you will have a more exciting story to tell to your grandkids someday! :D I used to live in the Bay Area and be sure to check La Fondue! Go on an empty stomach and treat yourself to the Fondue Feast! It is soooooo worth it~!
http://www.lafondue.com/

or

The Stinking Rose in SF is also worth a trip if you like garlic.

Good luck in starting your next chapter in life!

Jessica

Last edited:

imperium

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 New Beetle
What an adventure! Sorry to hear about the bumps along the way but am glad you got there safe and sound. And you got to learn a LOT about your car along the way which is always a super bonus.

I just can not get over the community of the club and how everyone pulls together to help one another out. I thought the air cooled community was awesome! TDI love equals it for sure!