*Zippy needs a new home - 2002 Jetta GL ALH TDI*

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
Santa Cruz County, CA
EXCELLENT PROJECT CAR or commuter.

$5,000 OBO get’s you the car, your first oil change and brand new tires!!!
Being sold as is. Recent 250,000 maintenance done.

2002 Jetta GL, ALH TDI, 244,000 miles, 5spd
2nd owner – bought from Glastonbury, CT dealership at 50,000 miles in 2005
Clean title in hand
VIN# 3VWSP69M2M074924
Baltic Green
Black Velour interior
Heated power mirrors
Power windows
Heated seats
Newly replaced interior components (door handles, arm rest and lever)
No CEL’s
Original full sized 15” steel wheel spare tire
Michelin Primacy MXV – BRAND NEW! Less than 500 miles worn

Mods: CARB COMPLIANT!
Sprint .205 injector nozzles
SBC Stage 1 clutch
Rocketchip Stage 2 chip tune
Shine suspension – Bilstien HD’s, Rear Sway Bar lock, stock springs
Neuspeed strut tower bar
2.5” downpipe and exhaust with OEM CAT mounted to aftermarket exhaust
AR25 muffler
Vac-Com easter-eggs – Window’s up/down with remote, all 4 doors unlock with remote unlock and when key is removed from ignition.
Aftermarket Bilstien Camshaft (replaced at 90k miles)
ECS Tuning headlight covers
GLI Rave wheels – 16”
Ventectomy
Monster Mats
VDO Boost Guage
Dawes Device boost valve

With age comes character:
The differential/spider gears/transaxle need to be replaced – But she STILL RUNS GREAT! Thumps when turning wheel and tracking is a bit squirrelly.
Serpentine pulley is intermittently squeaky, but has been cleared.
Exterior has some minor dents and dings
Paint chips and rust spots on the hood (from rock chips)
Patch of paint messed up on trunk lid (from a bicycle pedal 6.5 years ago – bike rack fail)
2 dime sized 10mm bolt dents from 2 minor rear endings on rear bumper. Bumper solid, no cracks or breakage of any kind.
Lower instrument LED out (for the 3 climate control knobs)
Trunk will only open with key turn and emergency leaver release – remote and door release don’t work
Finicky door switch
Weepy EGR
Seat height adjustment springs on driver and passenger seats sprung shortly after I got her

Her story:
She’s a super commuter car with most of her 240k on the highway. She started out in New England then became a California transplant. Been here since 2007. She commutes mostly in rush hour traffic every day and maintains a 650-700 mile tank regularly.

I’m looking at begrudgingly giving her up for something a little more off-road suitable. I moved to a mountain top and the roads are not very belly-pan friendly.

Maintenance level: Meticulous! - All receipts and records available.

Email is best for contacting me for quick reply:
shalon.fraser@gmail.com

Last edited:

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Pics of Z - Santa Cruz Country, CA

Here's pics of Zippy. She's a little dusty, just as a side effect of my location. But otherwise she's clean, with some tiny character dings and paint chips.

Enjoy the show...

Zippy. (slightly dusty) Baltic Green Jetta TDI ALH

244,003 on the ODO - she's my daily driver, so the longer you wait, the older she gets. Come pick her up while she's young and hot!;)

Interior is clean and in excellent condition!! I just replaced some worn interior parts with brand new OEM tidbits,
only minor scratches and everyday wear.

VW GLI Raves - 16" alloy wheels

BRAND NEW!!! Michelin Primacy MVX tires. Less than 500 miles on them! Replaced on 6/9/13.

Your oil change kit included with full purchase price of the car!

Trunk lid paint damage from a bike rack fail in 2006. No rust.

Hood rock chip paint damage. Some rust, but no debilitating rot.

Isn't she perdy! you know you want her! Come and get her!

Last edited:

Mcgink

Veteran Member
TDI
I-Red,"The Passat formerly known as Harlequin" 97 B4, a non VW GTDI too
Rave's Are one of my favorite VW wheels and those look pretty good. GLWS

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
so the longer you wait, the older she gets.
Come pick her up while she's young and hot!;)

Isn't she perdy! you know you want her! Come and get her!
Oh you sexist dog! It is not just the young that are hot! The more mature ones know what it is about! Just look at "Modern Family" Not young, but HOT!!

Kind of like a TDI, little bit more than a few highway miles, but ready to give a lot more miles of great rides!!!o

So what kind of Jeep are you getting? It has to be a Jeep! I love my TDI, but I am sure glad I have my Jeep Comanche!

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Hopefully it's a TDI Jeep! :eek:

Good luck with the sale, Shalon! :D

OnePutt

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf (Silver) | 2005 Jetta Wagon (Spice Red)
Shocked...

GLWS...Wait a second...Zippy is your car's name???? Why have I been calling you Zippy all this time?

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
I love Jeep, I really do. But I have access to one when I need a fix. I need something that's going to be a little more commuter friendly, though not by much. I found my car, just gotta sell her to settle things up first.

Ryan - yes, the car's name is Zippy, but everyone call's me Zippy by default. Mostly because no one can ever remember my real name. We've become synonymous.

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Oh you sexist dog! It is not just the young that are hot! The more mature ones know what it is about! Just look at "Modern Family" Not young, but HOT!!

Kind of like a TDI, little bit more than a few highway miles, but ready to give a lot more miles of great rides!!!o

So what kind of Jeep are you getting? It has to be a Jeep! I love my TDI, but I am sure glad I have my Jeep Comanche!
LOL... nice, John. But I had no reference to her being young vs. old and she's always been "female" as long as we've been partnered. That's why I state "With ages comes character" in the ad list.:p I love her and I will miss her. She's part of my identity.

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
Well zippy, i guess Nick set a trend on the club where the moderators dont drive diesels! Lol.

My opinion, dont get a Jeep diesel...... They are trouble.

Im not going to say we'll miss you, because that implies you wont be around. :)

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Shalon, please, we remember your name.. Zippy is just a nickname that also fits for you because you are so go go go go go go go all the time...

enjoy your new ride. GLWS. and see you at fest?? :D

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Well zippy, i guess Nick set a trend on the club where the moderators dont drive diesels! Lol.
My opinion, dont get a Jeep diesel...... They are trouble.
Im not going to say we'll miss you, because that implies you wont be around. :)
I'll be driving a Subaru if I have my way. The crosstrek comes in turbodiesel in Europe of course, but not here... yet. So, I settle for the 2.0L gasser.
Thanks, Justin... I won't miss you either then, but I'll see you later at the next gtg. :)

Shalon, please, we remember your name.. Zippy is just a nickname that also fits for you because you are so go go go go go go go all the time...
enjoy your new ride. GLWS. and see you at fest?? :D
LOL.... Aaron, you're a little different. And yeah, Zippy does fit my personality. I like it. Always have.

Thanks for the well wishes. I'll be posting that she's sold soon... one way or another. ;)

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
I will be curious what your gonna call the new one. Not_Zippy? (NZ = "nzee" for short?) :D

BeetleGo

TDI
See, that's where a like button would really help! :cool:

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
hahaha... I dunno what the next car's name is going to be. It'll depend onher personality. But I've got some ideas. :p

Update. Price reduction $5,000. I'd like to get her sold soon, so if you're interested, please hit me up. Otherwise, she goes to the dealer on a trade in, and I'd rather see her go to someone who will love her.

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Sold!

SOLD!
Zippy has a new home in Oregon now. Thank you, TDIClub.

My new ride has a little more attitude and I've already modded it before it even left the dealer lot....Spoiler, STI strut tower brace, de-badged, wheel locks, and random rubber protective pieces for the interior to protect against my dive gear abuse. Already looking at exhausts (though she's got a nice throaty sound already) and a chip tune for when the warranty runs out. A little underpowered for the weight, but a nice combination of what I was looking for. I would have preferred a diesel, but the characteristics I wanted do not come with a diesel engine. This car does... in Europe. :p Some day I'll trade it in in the US. For now, it gets a whopping 30mpg's (not bad for a gas car) highway, once I learn to drive her how she likes.

2013 Subaru Crosstrek in Dark Metallic Grey. A crossover vehicle that is a balance between a compact SUV (ride height 8" and off-road capable) and a sporty wagon (formerly the Subaru Impreza, now the XV Crosstrek). Handles like a 2013 Jeep Rubicon, with less top and body roll (gotta get used to that AWD system! :eek:) and sounds like a reserved Dodge Charger. I like it, it will serve me well.

BeetleGo

TDI
There are two verities in this club.

1) You're not going anywhere, despite your current ride!
and 2) You'll be swapping this car out as soon as a diesel version shows up.

Just sayin' ;)

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
That trunk would collapse!...it isnt German....Leaning against the car photos only please......

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Keep us posted on how the Subie holds up-being it is first year vehicle;).... I browsed them on the lots around here and have a pretty reasonable base price(ones I saw were in the mid-$20k range). Have fun!Oh yeah,maybe some pics,and you can always post in the "General Automotive" section now:)....

cgates30

TDI
2002 Jetta, 2000 NB
SOLD!
Zippy has a new home in Oregon now. Thank you, TDIClub.
The Crosstrek looks cool, maybe in a few years the diesel version will make it here. Meanwhile Zippy will get a work out on the north end of I-5. :)

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
Congrads!!! Great looking ride for a sporty gal .... is this you?