Yup, Another Blue Graphite 09 Jetta

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Well, I finally got around to snapping a pic of my new car.

She had 134 miles on her when I took delivery on August 1st.

Blue Graphite, Anthracite Leatherette, 9W3 bluetooth and the protection kit (monster mats and gorilla gear).

Now she has 1300 miles, and I have added window tint, MFD2 navigation, and some Vag-com reprogramming.

I already have on the way projector fogs, GTI/GLI grille set, E-MFA (from Kufatec), GTI/GLI Bi-Xenons with highline CECM, and LED taillights.

With all the pleasantries out of the way, I present my (same as all others) Blue Graphite Jetta. =^)

tjnewk

TDI
2010 Jetta
The car looks great. I have the same color and like it a lot. The only thing I’m not crazy about my car is the shiny plastic grille. The GLI grille is the all black center grille? Where did you get your GLI grille and how much was it? Thanks.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Ok then.

This weekend I will try to get some (non-cellphone) pics out by the temecula wineries. I figured I would atleast start with one.

And now I realize I chopped off the front end and rear ends. LOL.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
tjnewk said:
The car looks great. I have the same color and like it a lot. The only thing I’m not crazy about my car is the shiny plastic grille. The GLI grille is the all black center grille? Where did you get your GLI grille and how much was it? Thanks.
Ohh, You're gonna hate me.

I have this friend, see. He had a GTI and swapped out all the grilles for something else (What? I don't know).

So he has these grilles just sitting in his garage. And he says he will just give them to me next time he sees me.

He assures me it is the complete radiator grille and all 3 lower grilles.

So I just gotta be patient and I will have them for free.

Please don't hate me too much.....

Turbine Suburban

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 6 manual Gone! V6 Mustang now.
I find it humorous that the GTI crowd likes the jetta stuff on their fronts and vs. versa. I think the GTI stuff looks good on our cars, but doubt I will swap with someone.

dzcad90

Rolex & gin
TDI
Jetta - 97 (RIP), '03 (Sold), '09
Turbine Suburban said:
I find it humorous that the GTI crowd likes the jetta stuff on their fronts and vs. versa. I think the GTI stuff looks good on our cars, but doubt I will swap with someone.
The grass is always greener :)

It's also about just being different than what everyone else has!

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
I chose to get B&G RS2 coilovers.

Not only are they height adjustable in two different ways, but they are 18 way damping adjustable.

I thought about going with lowering springs as I did with my last Jetta, but it is very difficult to get EXACTLY the stance you want without lots of experimentation. Then you are limited on the damping. So if the ride is too harsh with your choice of shocks and struts, you are stuck with them. Or you have to sell them and try something else.

So I decided to go with something that was adjustable in every aspect. That way I could get exactly the look and ride I wanted.

The B&G coils were offered at an excellent price considering the quality of the components, the warranty, the fact that I could not find even one complaint about the B&G's, and finally their location (if there ever arises a need for a warranty claim).

Everything just added up right for me.

I think I made the right choice.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Wow. Thanks.

I was half expecting to get flambeed because I went super low and put some big 19" wheels on. Those are usually the Anti-TDI thing to do because they hurt mileage.

I'm glad to see you guys like it.

Next are more lights. I am going to customize a set of GLI/GTI/R32 Bi-Xenons with LED running lights and turn signals, and I am debating 3,000K HID's for the fogs. I had them on my last car and I absolutely loved them.

agxster

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 1.9 TDi DSG (Mk.V) 2008 - RIP
Looks really hot, I have the same colour but a 1.9 and almost bog standard apart from some VAG.com changes. Tell us more about your rims and more pictures of them as well please.