Your pump died b/c of Bio? Post here! (edited)

What is your preferred cable length?

• Pump still going strong using B100 - mileage provided below.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pump still going strong using B20 - mileage provided below.

• I have first-hand knowledge of someone whose pump died because they used biodiesel - details provide

• My pump died because I used biodiesel - details posted below.

• My pump's fine - just wanted to see the poll results!

• Pump still going strong using various blends according to season - mileage provided below.

• My pump died using petrodiesel - details provided below.

• Total voters

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
Based on some constructive feedback from my first attempt at this (I'm no statistician!), I have deleted the last thread I posted on this and am including the suggested changed in this new poll.

As before, this thread is explicitely intended for actual experiences - NOT DEBATE. People can judge for themselves.

Thank you, BeetleGo

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
Folks,

You'll have to come back into this thread and hit the 'reply' button if you need to log details. (ok, so the counter for the number of people who have read this thread will be skewed - sue me!)

In my case, my pump is doing perfectly fine after 30k miles on various blends of biodiesel. And the engine runs verrrry smoothly. Couldn't be happier with it.

NEXT!

~BiodieselGo?

Ricdude

Veteran Member
TDI
NB, '03, Pt Grey, GLS
Still running fine after 16000 miles. Target for blending (subject to ability to get to biodiesel pump) is:

- B100 when I make it to the biodiesel pump in the summer
- B66 between trips to the biodiesel pump in the summer
- B33 fall and spring
- B0 winter

I know I'm being extra paranoid about the winter usage, but until my warrantee is a little closer to expiring, I'm playing it safe. When I move to Colorado next year, I plan on eventually installing a fuel line heater, and longer term, brewing my own biodiesel from recycled veggie oil.

nh mike

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS wagon, 2004 Passat GLS wagon
Still going strong. 16k miles on my car, another 17k on my wife's car, mostly on B100 (sometimes B60 to B70 in the winter, with antigel additives, and a heater before the filter).

GreenGenes

Various season specific BD blends and B100 late spring too early fall for most of my 110K with no problems. No intake cleanings necessary either with stock emissions setup!

lynxpilot

Estimate 20,000 miles since I started using homemade bioD. Various blends due to occasional fills at the diesel pump. No problems. Less performance and mileage however.

Biodezl

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 2005, Teal; Golf, 1999, Metalic Green, Auto
45,000 miles on various blends depending upon availability. 98% of the non-B100 miles are on Arco's ULSD called ECD-1.

Sappington

Veteran Member
TDI
2017 Chevy Volt now -- sold '03 Jetta Wagon :-(
14k+ miles on 2003 Jetta Wagon.
The first 1000 were on petro. The rest has been mostly B100, with B50 through the winter. No problems.

_

caddy shack

TDI
81 rabbit pickup TDI Blue
My pump died after 50000 miles. But I ran all kind of fuel through it, home heating oil, regular diesel about 150 gallons of BD100 and it died on strait waste veggie oil after about 40 gallons. So nothing is conclusive. But I would have to say strait veggie. I would diffinitly use BD again I'm not sure about veggie. I have a 81 TDI rabbit pickup with a 96 passat motor.