Yet another 00 NB TDI GLS

p-pod

I got my NB at the end of March and commute 120 miles per day to work (ugghhh work!!). I 'love' my NB.

The hardest part of purchasing the car was deciding what color. I wanted a diesel to 'maximize' my MPG, did not want cloth interior (animal hair!!), wanted a sunroof, CD changer, blah, blah. And of course wanting immediate gratification I didn't want to wait for a dealer to find one for me. I found a cyber-green (p-pod) and am more than happy with the color and the car. I would still have a problem choosing a color, they are all wonderful.

I don't have any photos of it yet, but plan to soon. I have a Thule rack on the car and plan on putting my sea kayak on the roof. It should be a site!!!

Fun time...talk later.

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
Hey hey P-Pod!

I just got a rack for my white one last month and plan to buy a kyak myself in a few weeks.

Do you white water or quiet water? I'm new to it, so plan to do the quiet water thang.

If you want to link up sometime, it would be cool to get some pointers, and DOUBLE kewl cruising with kyaks in tandem. Get some photos of THAT for the forum!

Cheers, and welcome.

------------------
BeetleGo, went that-a-way

"You said this was a DIESEL?!"

P180

Veteran Member
Hey p-pod,

I've been waiting at least 8 weeks for exactly the car that you bought off the lot. The latest is that I'll be waiting until July or August for the 2001s because the car I want is out of production for the 2000 model. Where did you get it and do they have another like it?

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
Oops. I see you have a SEA kyak.
Nevermind.... I don't have a place to store one that big, so will stick with the river kyaking for now....

Enjoy!

------------------
BeetleGo, went that-a-way

"You said this was a DIESEL?!"

dirtmvr

Veteran Member
P-Pod,

You'll just keep on loving your NB more and more! I like mine more everyday for sure. Your colour is my Dad's favourite. My Mom (66 yrs old) bought a red one, my cousin (24) bought a red one, and I bought a dark blue one! My Mom never drives hers in the winter (she's in Ontario), but if she had unlimited cash, she says she would buy a green turbo your colour and drive her red one in the winter!! Good to hear that you are doing some sea kayaking too. If you are ever in Victoria B.C., email me and I'll show you some awesome places to Kayak. Good luck!!

jayb79

Top Post Dawg
p-pod,
I just got a silver NB TDI w/black leatherette (only 500 miles so far)my dealer found it for me on the dock in boston.My last car was a red TDI Jetta (98),it looked great when it was clean but it also got dirty easy.I'm thinking the silver will be much easier to keep clean.

rotorhead

Veteran Member
We just bought a silver NB TDI GLS with black leatherette. Its incredibly solid compared with the older VW's, and especially the old beetles. About 500 miles so far, still wet behind the ears!

P.S. JB79, the silver is really easy to care for, almost as good as the white cars for staying cool in the summer, but looks way better when it gets road dust & etc. on it.

------------------
'00 New Beetle TDI ! Silver/Black/Lux
'85 GTI beater, qtr. million miles+