XM Radio @ $77 per year

gjslutz

TDI
2010 JSW
Prior to ordering the XM after the free trial, Google: XM radio 77 rate

I did and found out many have received XM for $77 per year.

One of our other cars has XM and it was time to renew. I called and asked the rate, I was told it is $174. same as last year. I told them to cancel the service as I saw where others paid $77.

I was then passed off to two others to terminate the service. The second asked why, I explained I would not pay $174 when I saw where others paid $77. He told me to hold on a second and then told me I could also get it for the $77. :) I thanked him and I think it will sound much better now.

fleuger99

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
gjslutz said:
Prior to ordering the XM after the free trial, Google: XM radio 77 rate

I did and found out many have received XM for $77 per year.

One of our other cars has XM and it was time to renew. I called and asked the rate, I was told it is $174. same as last year. I told them to cancel the service as I saw where others paid $77.

I was then passed off to two others to terminate the service. The second asked why, I explained I would not pay $174 when I saw where others paid $77. He told me to hold on a second and then told me I could also get it for the $77. :) I thanked him and I think it will sound much better now.
Good for you!! Considering one is pre paying for a whole year a discount should be offered.

I'll have to try that one in 5 months when my trial subscription is over :D

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
The title on this thread is XM radio. Are we talking here about XM service, or the Serius service that comes with the VW?

lordscarlet

TDI
2010 Golf TDI (When I can find one)
They're not quite the same. Siruis has a lineup, and XM has a lineup. Some of it overlaps, some of it does not. There is a second tier of stations (especially sports) that is part of the Best of XM package that costs extra on Sirius.

mxs

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
I think this just shows, it is hard nowadays to buy anything not discounted or not on sale .... It's not on sale or discounted it's guaranteed the price is not good ... LOL

gjslutz

TDI
2010 JSW
XM contacted us for the Siruis / XM radio in her car. My thought is it is one and the same. They had the account & radio #. She had it on auto renewal, and we changed C. Card numbers. From reading about this $77 I requested a paper bill. I will do the same for the VW, after the 6 month free period. It was out of site & out of mind, they woke me up!

psyphy

TDI
2014 Touareg Sport
I called about a month ago. I have an XM subscription & since the my 2010 JSW has sirius I was told that at this point I would need a 2nd subscription. At some point when they merge the 2 billing systems it may be possible to add in a 2nd unit onto my plan, which would be a lesser cost than a separate subscription.