Xenon/led Sel lighting package

PD Rig

Veteran Member
TDI
2004, 2015 Golf TDI
Looking for some opinions on the Sel hid lighting package. Any failures to report? I have the option to go with halogen or the hid/led Sel lighting package. Do they have auto leveler like the audi?

TurnOne

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL TDI 6MT
Almost 70k miles and work perfectly. No issues to report other than they are set to high from the factory. Easy screwdriver adjustment to lower them. Yes they autolevel when you turn them on (or they turn on automatically).

JDM Mike 02

TDI
2015 Golf TDI, 2006 Jetta TDI, 1996 Jetta GLS
The '15 I picked up a few weeks ago has the package, I do a lot of night driving and love these lights. It's a night and day difference between my '06 Jetta headlights and my bi-xenon Golf lights. I'd highly recommend them.

whatnxt

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Q5 TDI Premium +
Purchased the lighting package on my 2012 Golf TDI SEL. Great lights. No issues. Auto leveling, turn with the wheels, fog light as cornering lights, could not be a better choice. Just need to aim them better.

The halogens on our new GSW are no comparison. Ed's are an improvement but not as good as the factory HIDs in the lighting package.

AGOODHI

Veteran Member
TDI
MKVII GSW, MKVI Golf
I specifically looked for a GSW with lighting package, since my last TDI didn't have it (kicking myself for not waiting longer to find one). I found a SE which had the package. Totally worth it.

davidch

TDI
None
Looking for some opinions on the Sel hid lighting package. Any failures to report? I have the option to go with halogen or the hid/led Sel lighting package. Do they have auto leveler like the audi?
they are awesome... i have them on my new 2015 SEL Golf TDI and also had them 2011 that was bought back. both have auto level and AFS. AFS (adaptive fronst system) slightly rotates the bulbs with the steering. the bi-xeon light emits a much brighter and clearer image that std halogens :)