www.oecrimp.com -OEM Butt Connectors

penclnck

Part numbers:
000 979 940
000 979 941
000 979 942

I've updated my site for selling the OEM Butt Connectors:

http://www.4130-products.com/index.html

If you deal with wiring harness repair, these are the correct butt connectors as specified by VW and Audi. You will find these at any dealer parts department, but I'm selling them for way less than the dealer cost.

Here is an old video of mine going over the basics of crimping:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB5o8bf0raU

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

penclnck

So these will sell at the dealer for more then $1.00 per connector?
I'm not 100% sure of the price, but I think the small yellow ones, 000-979-940, are maybe $3.25 list... each.

I'm selling them for less than what the dealer can purchase them from the VW/Audi parts depots, hence, I sell a fair amount of these to dealers... after I spent 4 evenings creating a VW mailing list and then sent out about 500 post cards. :) Hope to generate the Audi dealer mailing list at some point.

And I'm moving up in the world, I just purchased a brother QL-700 label maker so no more of my crap hand writing of addresses. :rolleyes:

Anyway, these are the correct butt connectors for wiring harness repairs as per the factory repair manual. No soldiering allowed!

Thank you.

gdengine

TDI
2002 Jetta
I'm not totally familiar with OEM butt connectors. So I hope you don't mind me asking..what exactly about these are so great that I would pay $1 each? I could head over to amazon and get boxes from quality brands such as 3M for around 15-20 cents each. So what is it about these that is special over other similar products?

penclnck

I know my product meets VW/Audi specifications. I don't know about the 3Ms units.

The issue with low quality versions is the the sleeve is more prone to splitting during crimping. With the "weaker" sleeves, this can be an issue because a compromised seal can lead to failure down the road. If weaker crimping force is applied to prevent splitting, then you may not get proper compression of the barrel onto the wire, thus a poor mechanical crimp.

The units I'm selling are manufactured using high density polyolefin sleeve that are resistant to splitting.

And a polyamide liner for the adhesive which is better suited to harsh environments that can be found in the engine bay, it is resistant to gas and oil.

penclnck

I've got a fist full of these ready to ship out. If you are doing any kind of wiring repair or modifications, then is the correct way to do it.

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
About as important as the right butt connectors is having the correct tool to crimp them!

What would be your personal recommendations for a crimping tool?

penclnck

About as important as the right butt connectors is having the correct tool to crimp them!

What would be your personal recommendations for a crimping tool?
SG Tool Aid SGT18980 Ratcheting Terminal Crimping Kit at Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Tool-Aid-SGT18980-Ratcheting-Terminal/dp/B008EW92LY

This is the kit I use. Once things slow down a bit for me and I have some more free time I'll put together a video with more information.

I've got loads of crimps on hand ready to ship.

www.oecrimp.com

Thank you.

yatzee

Top Post Dawg
TDI
see sig

penclnck

I've been reborn. :p
My account went inactive, so I guess when it was made active again by the admin, I became a newbie.... but I'm the same ̶j̶e̶r̶k̶ guy that has been around here for 12-ish years.

sriracha

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon 5mt, 1982 Rabbit truck (gas)
I just placed an oder for these. Hopefully you still have fist-fulls of crimps! If so, thanks for making this product available to the masses.

penclnck

N. B. I believe? With an order of 10, 10 and 10.... your order is bagged up and will be dropped off at the Post Office later today. I tend to keep about +1000 crimps on hand so most of the time orders are dropped off at the Post Office by the next business day.

Thank you for your purchase.