WTB: VW TDI for ~$5000 or less

Royalal

TDI
None
Just as the title states, I'm looking for a TDI for ~$5000 or less. My only requirements are that it be a 5-speed and be in reliable running condition.

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
Have you poked around craigslist? There were a bunch of cheap ones.... mostly Mk3's and B4's though.

Royalal

TDI
None
mrchill said:
Have you poked around craigslist? There were a bunch of cheap ones.... mostly Mk3's and B4's though.
Yes,I have been. There really aren't many around me, most of them are really old listings.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Good luck with that.

Personally, if I only had $5k to spend, I would look for an old Corolla.

redshirt

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf
I might be selling mine.

It runs great, I did the Vr6 clutch switch at h2sport, it has the saches clutch and paid extra for a vw g60 flywheel.

Its siver and black inside. It High k of course but its maintained by precision tuneing using lubromoly class 4 oil. I drive from Niagara to mississauga every day.

GiGGer

Veteran Member
TDI
GTI TDI 130
I have a Syncro TDI for sale...but you would need to check if you can import that in the USA.

Royalal

TDI
None
It'd be hard for me to fly to CA to buy a car with a couple of problems that I cannot see before committing.