The TDIClub classifieds section is a heavily trafficked section of the forum that encompasses want-to-buy (WTB) and for-sale (FS) threads for the entire world
. Due to the demanding nature and fast pace of this section, it is imperative that you know and understand the rules. It is also important to remember that this is the only parts classifieds section.
Cross-posting and posting classifieds in the regional sections (except the dedicated thread in Ontario) is not permitted.
Multiple items should be sold in one thread.
Make sure to provide a description for all items in your post along with pictures and prices. If you start multiple threads with individual items, they will be locked or combined at the discretion of the moderators.
Here is a quick outline of the classifieds section rules. If you don't follow these rules, you subject yourself to thread deletion, thread combination, infractions, or posting privilege revocation.
- Put FS or WTB in your thread title. This will let other users know if you are selling or buying.
- Briefly describe what you are selling. Thread titles have limited space. Be as descriptive, yet succinct, as possible.
- Put your location in the title.
- If space allows, put your price in the title
Title example (single item): "FS: 2004 Mk4/BEW cylinder head - Portland, OR - $500"
Title example (multiple items): "FS: MK6 fog lights, front bumper, headlights, grill - Detroit, MI"
Title example (car part-out): "FS: Mk3 Jetta parting out engine & interior - Dallas, TX"
Thread text descriptions and pictures:
No picture, no price, NO SALE!
- All for-sale threads must include pictures of the items that you are selling. One picture is sufficient, but multiple pictures with different angles will help buyers. A picture is worth a thousand words. If you don't know how to post pictures on TDIClub, see this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=286691
- All for-sale threads must include a description. We don't charge per-word, so be as descriptive as possible. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for buyers.
- All for-sale threads must include a price. Auctions and bidding are not allowed. If you want to auction something off, use eBay.
Moderator intervention and infraction points:
- When you sell something, update your thread with "SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title.
- If you have multiple items for sale, update your thread as each item has been sold. When everything has been sold, updated the thread with "ALL ITEMS SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title when all items have been sold.
- If you bump your thread, please delete old bumps by clicking on EDIT and then deleting the old bump. This will reduce clutter in your thread and make it easier to read. It also makes you look less desperate.
- If you drop your price, please update your first post in addition to posting the new price. If you would like the thread title changed, click on the report post icon and let a moderator know what you would like the title changed to.
Moderators will be monitoring the classifieds section. If a moderator determines that you have not been following the rules listed above, corrections will be made and infraction points will be assessed to your account.
What is an infraction point? Simple - it's a system of keeping track of user behavior. A moderator can assign a point value based on the severity of the infraction, as well as an expiration date on the points assessed. If you accumulate a certain number of points, the system will auto-ban you for a predefined amount of time. The more points you accumulate, the longer your ban period will be.
One example of points is as follows: multiple threads will be combined into a single thread, with the number of infraction points assessed corresponding to the number of threads merged. If we merge four threads into one, then you will be assessed four points that expire in 30 days. When you reach five points, the system will auto-ban you for one day.*
*This is an example based on the current infraction system structure. We reserve the right to modify the infraction system at any time without notice or updates to this announcement.
Thank you for your cooperation, and good luck with your sales and searches!