WTB used TDI

mcolmsted

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW Jetta Wagon
My hubby and I are going to be in the market for a second car in the next few months. We would, of course, prefer a diesel if we can find one, although it's a tough market right now.
We're not picky...golf or jetta would be great. Something under $10K, year and mileage not as important as maintenance. Anyone have anything? Harvieux??

Courtney

Harvieux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
06 A5 Pkg.2 w/navi & ASEP
Hi Courtney, Prime A3's or B4's for <$10K are as rare as hen's teeth at this point. Your best bet would be to keep searching here for a trusted member who wants to upgrade. Otherwise, you may have to step up a bit more and pay the piper for an A4. Good luck! Later!

lrpavlo

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Sportwagen DSG, 02 NB Auto
Ahh shucks, Courtney ya shouldn't have sold your nice Jetta Sedan!!!

If you are looking for a commuter car check into the Beetle....I'm really loving mine....and they are certainly easier to find for more reasonable!

On a sad note, here in the Northwoods, Mark of Diesel is wanting to abdicate his "Belly Pan Man" throne....I recall you outdid him at a GTG here....want the job???

mcolmsted

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW Jetta Wagon
Yes, we're all older and wiser now.
But if we'd kept the sedan we wouldn't have gotten the wagon! And we LOVE the wagon!!
We're not sure at this point we're going to need a second car, so we may just wait it out and see if anything turns up. We may end up with an old Honda or such if we get desperate.

As I recall, I offered to crawl under the cars at every GTG I attended! Only once did I make it under a car, and that was the fastest removal of a belly pan ever seen!

Courtney

mcolmsted

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW Jetta Wagon
Thanks, Harvieux! We're pretty open to an ugly body--it just needs to get one of us around, so it doesn't have to be too prime as long as we're not looking at 100K mi and no TB change!

I'll just keep my eyes open and see what turns up. Thanks for the advice!

Courtney