WTB: Imola Yellow 20th Anniversary TDI

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
I've been looking for another Golf TDI for about a year .... not really certain what I want, but just browsing off and on.

I've finally decided. What I want is an Imola Yellow 20th Anniversary GTI with a modified TDI engine. It has to be at least 8/10 or 9/10 both interior and exterior.

OR

If someone knows of an Imola Yellow 20th Anniversary GTI with a bad engine, that would work if the price is right.

cfm56

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI SportWagen
or get a golf tdi and turn it into a imola yellow 20AE. Not that hard to do, parts are plenty.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
or get a golf tdi and turn it into a imola yellow 20AE. Not that hard to do, parts are plenty.
There are no yellow Golf TDIs, as far as I know. New Beetles, but not Golfs. Finding a clean 20th and swapping engines, transmissions and ECMs would be so much easier and probably less expensive.

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
Whew....that's going to be tough to find an unmolested 20th in that color. Seems these were magnets for kids who like to ruin vw's.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Yeah, I know. There was a beauty on eBay a couple months ago, so maybe there'll be another.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Keep these links coming.

Namakan

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 2011 JSW (gone), 2004 Jetta (gone)
Nick - I was hoping to make it Saturday to see if anyone else had any input on my Airbag CEL but had way too many graduation parties to attend.

Someday I'll have to drive up when I have more time to dig into it.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I liked it, well, as much as one can like a gasoline-powered VW. The body and interior were near-perfect, but the engine just didn't feel right. And the seller and I were about $1400 apart on a price.

At any rate, I've ended my search for a yellow GTI because I've just purchased another 2003 Golf TDI, Indigo Blue. I'm awfully glad I wasn't tempted by that GTI.

Namakan

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 2011 JSW (gone), 2004 Jetta (gone)
I liked it, well, as much as one can like a gasoline-powered VW. The body and interior were near-perfect, but the engine just didn't feel right. And the seller and I were about $1400 apart on a price.

At any rate, I've ended my search for a yellow GTI because I've just purchased another 2003 Golf TDI, Indigo Blue. I'm awfully glad I wasn't tempted by that GTI.
I saw the blue one and wondered if you were the one that bought it.
I considered picking it up myself.