Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 5 spd
My car: Mfg. Date 07/06
2006 Jetta Pkg 1
Vin#: 3VWST71K16M009396
Part number needed: 1K5971120T
This is the drivers door harness.
I have called many dealers and parts suppliers and all say the same thing.
"No Longer Available"
I found it in Great Britain but they wont ship to the USA.
Does anyone have one of these harnesses? I would prefer a new one but a good used one might be worth a try.
Neither the 1K5971120G nor the 1K5971120H work on this car
It's disappointing that VW no longer supports a 2006 car with this part in the USA. I am open to any thoughts or suggestions on how to proceed. Yes I could repair the harness but would prefer a new one bc the old ones have brittle hardened insulation. Thank you in advance for any help on this part.

dtrvler

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 5 spd
By the way, I posted this here also bc I wanted to make the Mk5 community aware of the fact that these harnesses are NLA. I also posted in Private TDI ITEMS wanted or for sale.

turbodieseldyke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 jetta
dtrvler,

Your profile says you have Tiguan springs. How much lift did that give you? I put some in mine, and it just looks normal now. It's better than lowered, which a previous owner did, but I was hoping for more.

dtrvler

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 5 spd
dtrvler,

Your profile says you have Tiguan springs. How much lift did that give you? I put some in mine, and it just looks normal now. It's better than lowered, which a previous owner did, but I was hoping for more.
Got about a half inch. I carry a lot of stuff. 160 lbs or so. Rides at more normal height now. I was hoping for more lift too.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Many are NLA. There are two types, they are not interchangeable. One version is the whole door harness, the other version uses a "partial" harness, and the door panel has its own sub harness that plugs in to another spot on the door module. It sucks.

dtrvler

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 5 spd
Yeah. The "T" one is the whole all one harness. I bought a de-pinning tool and I will be using silicone insulated extra flexible wires and making the solder/shrinktube joint inside the door where no flexibility is required...not inside the boot where they are now. I have seen many "inside the boot" repairs that broke again right next to the solder "stiffened" repaired wire
Repair/improvement...inside the door....seems to be the path forward. Thank you all.
d