WTB ALH TDI with 5 speed

MoFranks

TDI
None
Long time lurker on this forum but just joined forum. I would like to buy a ALH TDI with manual trans. I live in central KY but can travel to get vehicle. Can be a sedan, wagon, or hatch. Please let me know what you have.

jakej78b

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Volkswagen Jetta TDI ALH 1.9
I have one in Alamogordo, NM that I might consider selling. Looking to get about $3000 for it as-is. I will install a timing belt on it at your expense. I can travel to Joplin, MO to shorten the trip a little bit for you.
The interior is messy right now. I'll clean it up and get some pictures for you. It is a cloth interior with grey seats. Glove box is broken. Fuel tank flap is broken so it does not lock, but it is fully functional. Timing belt life is unknown.

- New Michelin tires all the way around
- New Koni shocks and lift springs all the way around
- New thermostat and thermostat housing
- Resealed injection pump, no leaks, runs great.
- Injectors upgraded, 205 nozzles, has some sort of tune, unknown what stage.
- Appears to have new vacuum lines, I didn't replace them though.
- New Valeo single-mass clutch kit
- New rear main seal
- New rear axle bushings

There are a few dings on the hood that have resulted in light surface rust, but it is a New Mexico car, so there is no substantial rust to speak of. Body is in overall good condition, mostly due to the paint color being white. Other cars of a similar age show significant paint fade due to the merciless sun in this area.

Last edited:

csteve

TDI
2002 Jetta Sedan 5-Speed

RegularKid

TDI
Ex 02 Jetta ALH, Bora 130 highline
Just listed my Jetta on this forum. It's in excellent condition. Everything I know about the car is on the listing.

zacisflood

TDI
'01 Beetle TDI
I have a beetle TDI in southern IL, about 260000 miles on it, not in the greatest condition, leaks oil and has codes but I’d take $1000 for it. Pm me and I can text you pictures and tell you more about it if you’re interested

Metta

TDI
2001 Jetta
Getting ready to sell my 2000 TDI. 170,000. Clean car. Obvious wear, but nice for the most part. Lots of work done by previous owner, and some more by myself.
I am in NJ.
Have to gather photos and details on the car before I post

Wayward

TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI wagon
I’m getting ready to sell my much loved 2002 Jetta wagon (heart hurts just writing that). 218,000 miles. I’m the one owner and have the complete service history. Car is reliable as ever, has a messy front bumper, and an intermittent glitch in the remote door unlock. I’ll see to taking some photos if interested. Located in North Alabama.