WTB: 82-84 Scirocco to receive TDI

wwhalenc

Veteran Member
TDI
1991 Jetta with AHU
Anybody know of where one of these might be lying around? I know i know...seemingly non TDI-related. I'm currently driving a conversion and would like to transfer the drivetrain to one of these. Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks

Blades

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS TDI
I have a 86 with no engine but I'm in Quebec, a tad too far ... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Search for ATS on vwvortex. he has like, 9 Sciroccos.

wwhalenc

Veteran Member
TDI
1991 Jetta with AHU
ATS has an '82, but it's kind of rough. I'm kind of stickler for '82-84. '82 is still 1977 lbs! 83 and 84 are about 2070...After that they start getting heavy (not that much lighter than my current car..the '91 jetta). Thanks for the heads up though.

voltron1011

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 smart fortwo
Have you thought about the issues related to a diesel swap? Mainly, emmissions.... The scirocco's VIN indicates it as a gas powered vehicle. If you put in a diesel, it will no longer be able to pass ANY kind of emissions testing. You can tell them that you have a diesel engine, but remember that the law is black and white. If the vin indicates a gas engine, then it requires emmisions testing.

jeffer

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE 6M
From the Thrifty Nickel, at least it's a neighboring state.

Salt Lake City, UT
1984 VOLKSWAGEN Sirocco, white, alloy wheels, needs engine work, $400. (435) 882-2805.

wwhalenc

Veteran Member
TDI
1991 Jetta with AHU
Regarding the emissions...Not a big deal (at least here in CO). I previously had a '90 Passat which was tdi-converted...with an older car the dmv people just mark it down as diesel for the new title. Worst case scenario is that I have to fill out the paperwork for conversion (they have it here...noone at dmv has called me on it though). I HAVE CAR!...the one in SLC sounds pretty much exactly what I'm looking for but I've just found one locally. Thanks all who have been keeping an eye out. --Chris