WTB 2001+ passat wagon or jetta wagon

Petesaguytdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Bhw Passat
I am in the Market for a 2001 and up Passat wagon or any vintage
jetta wagon, diesel or gas.

I am in Edmonton Canada, but don't let that deter you. If the price is right shipping or pickup will be arranged as long as you are in Canada.

please pm with what you have.

thx

Pete

Last edited:

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Pete, first year for the Jetta wagon was 2002. 1st year for Passat was 2004. Are you sure they'll be in your price range?

Petesaguytdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Bhw Passat
dieseldorf said:
Pete, first year for the Jetta wagon was 2002. 1st year for Passat was 2004. Are you sure they'll be in your price range?
Not sure depends if it is diesel or gasser, turbo/non turbo etc.

Still haven't got a full grasp on the pricing dynamics as to what people are really getting for the various models in relation to the asking price.

Saw a 2003 passat with 1.8t, projector lamps and lots of other goodies go for 21K cdn, so may have to revise my financing or numbers. I should just maybe be less specific and see what is out there first.

What year model of Passat or Jetta wagon is best by your estimation ?

Thanks for the input, did a little editing already in light of the model years quoted.

Last edited:

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
RC said:
DD, I'm surprised at you. How soon you forget. ;)
That's true for post- "2001+" cars.

Now I'm not sure if OP is looking for a die-zell or a gasser. He may not know either :confused: see ramblings above.

dieselgus

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Variant Black/Black
Thinking of selling my 2004 Jetta Wagon........ TDI, 5spd, leather, black/black, Viper 5900 Starter/alarm, mint shape. 97,000km. Looking to get 24k out of it.

drkblujetta

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Audi A4 ALH TDI
I also want a wagon (Jetta) so I do alot of craigslist hunting etc.....

There was a passat wagon 1.8T not too long ago on CL Vancouver it was under 10K and the KM's were decent.......

TDI's right now are at a premium........(DAMNIT $1.25/L gas here on the west coast)
We bought our TDI sedan(under 150K) in January and I haven't seen one under 10K that doesn't have 250+KMS.......(That of course is my price range but I won't find a TDI wagon for that unless it has issues or high mileage)

I'll probably wait til after summer when the fuel price settles down
At least I hope it does:(

Example: The gas wagons are cheap(TDI not so much at least 20K)

This guy had engine work done http://vancouver.craigslist.org/car/323272818.html
This guy just has a gasser
http://vancouver.craigslist.org/car/320542798.html

Goodluck with the search :)
Petesaguytdi said:
Not sure depends if it is diesel or gasser, turbo/non turbo etc.
Saw a 2003 passat with 1.8t, projector lamps and lots of other goodies go for 21K cdn, so may have to revise my financing or numbers. I should just maybe be less specific and see what is out there first.

Last edited: